Page 36 of 92 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

My problem with Don Felder is the way that he words things. He makes it so that his fans feel sorry for him, and he eats that stuff up. He's not responsible for what his fans say, but he could ask them to stop bashing Glenn and Don, but he hasn't yet. I'm talking about in general, from what I've seen on his Facebook page. Whether or not he really does feel upset over Glenn's death, I don't know. You would think that if he did, he would politely ask the people who comment on his posts to be nice at this time.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    My problem with Don Felder is the way that he words things. He makes it so that his fans feel sorry for him, and he eats that stuff up. He's not responsible for what his fans say, but he could ask them to stop bashing Glenn and Don, but he hasn't yet. I'm talking about in general, from what I've seen on his Facebook page. Whether or not he really does feel upset over Glenn's death, I don't know. You would think that if he did, he would politely ask the people who comment on his posts to be nice at this time.
    That's exactly what I mean. He may mean well but how he says things...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Indeed. He could say to his fans that "I didn't mean to start a Don Henley (or Glenn Frey) bashing" etc. But he never does. Why?

Incidentally, he still refers to the band as "The Eagles" with a capitol T. Interesting.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by SilverAcidRayne View Post
    That's exactly what I mean. He may mean well but how he says things...
    That is true but people have a tendency when they like someone or don't like someone to read a statement to fit how they feel about the person. It can be very subjective.

Yes absolutely. I'm sometimes guilty of it. Like I read into the post yesterday and thought he was childish. After thinking about it he just blurted it out. His intentions maybe were messed up. Then again it's social media. Lol

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I believe you will find that the VAST majority of Border members like and respect Felder, and appreciate his talent and contributions to the Eagles.

The problem is that he keeps acting like an imbecile on social media, over and over and over. He talks about not being "invited" to Eagles performances, and this recent example is the WORST.

His proper response to fans asking why he wasn't at the Grammys is, "Great to see the guys up there honoring Glenn. It must have been tough for them. The world will sure miss his singing. RIP Glenn Frey."

But, that's not how his mind works.

I just think he makes himself look so pitiful to those in the music industry with these types of posts. Nobody has a problem with the fact that he disagreed with Don and Glenn, and was fired, and sued - that comes with the territory, fans understand that.

Don and Irving dislike him and want nothing to do with him and certainly will never engage in any future transaction with him. He will never be invited to any Eagles thing, ever.

When I commented in another thread that he needs to STOP posting his thoughts on Randy Meisner's conservatorship litigation, he took his posts down. Hopefully he'll "refine" these recent posts to put the focus on Glenn and not himself.

Having said all of that, I enjoy watching Felder be interviewed and I would buy his book, if he wrote another. I don't dislike him.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I believe you will find that the VAST majority of Border members like and respect Felder, and appreciate his talent and contributions to the Eagles.

The problem is that he keeps acting like an imbecile on social media, over and over and over. He talks about not being "invited" to Eagles performances, and this recent example is the WORST.

His proper response to fans asking why he wasn't at the Grammys is, "Great to see the guys up there honoring Glenn. It must have been tough for them. The world will sure miss his singing. RIP Glenn Frey."

But, that's not how his mind works.

I just think he makes himself look so pitiful to those in the music industry with these types of posts. Nobody has a problem with the fact that he disagreed with Don and Glenn, and was fired, and sued - that comes with the territory, fans understand that.

Don and Irving dislike him and want nothing to do with him and certainly will never engage in any future transaction with him. He will never be invited to any Eagles thing, ever.

When I commented in another thread that he needs to STOP posting his thoughts on Randy Meisner's conservatorship litigation, he took his posts down. Hopefully he'll "refine" these recent posts to put the focus on Glenn and not himself.
    Well Henley and Irving can't make discussion on the Eagles when they receive an award. When there is still Joe Timothy and Bernie (who actually got Felder into the band in the first place). How do they feel about felder? Like I would like Felder to be at the Kennedy Center Honors and if he is the only member not to be there that is still alive that will piss of a lot of people because like it or not he is as much a part of the Eagles legacy as them. I mean if Don can thank David Geffen in his acceptance speeches he can do the same for felder.

Anyone remeber this qoute from Joe in the doc on the Rock n Roll hall of fame.
    "I am very glad Berenie and Randy were recognized I thought it was very appropriate". Felder drove him to rehab and is very greatfull to so why would he not want him there

Kennedy Center. I forgot about that.

Out on the Border

I'm sure the Kennedy Center award will open up a whole new can of worms regarding Randy and Don F. Someone earlier mentioned that Felder is as much of the legacy of the Eagles as the rest of them. So true.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I'm sure the Kennedy Center award will open up a whole new can of worms regarding Randy and Don F. Someone earlier mentioned that Felder is as much of the legacy of the Eagles as the rest of them. So true.
    Yes exactly. I don't think they would have a choice in this one. it's a huge honor.