Page 25 of 92 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Also from what I've seen of his setlist it is more like 80 or even 90% Eagles, isn't it?
    No - he throws in some covers of songs by Stevie Ray Vaughn, Stevie Wonder, etc. to fill it out in addition to about four solo songs.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the link, F50.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Whichever; continuing to harp on about these events forty years after they happened is starting make Felder look very sad.
    Actually, I began thinking this about 10 years ago.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

I can't believe how many people there are who don't know the difference between writing and co-writing. And I'm not talking about Don.

Also, gotta love the introduction. So basically those who don't worship Hotel California are "mean" people.
    I also love Don's "well, I can, but...my memory is hazy" hesitation when he's asked to talk about the writing of HC. Like he hadn't told the story a thousand times before. And the story has changed from what it once was. Now it was him who decided that Don H's singing wasn't working in E minor. And Glenn wasn't involved at all in the writing. Don H came up with the concept and the lyrics. It's true, his memory is very hazy.
    The "bitter pill" was great. Quick thinking!
    Last edited by chaim; 11-09-2015 at 03:46 AM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Also from what I've seen of his setlist it is more like 80 or even 90% Eagles, isn't it?
    For the last 3 setlists on setlist.fm, it was 76%, 69% and 85%.

I saw Felder on Sat night at the Beacon & he was fabulous. I am saying that his singing has greatly improved since I even saw him last during the summer. He also has some fabulous singers in his band. I'm not sure but some of them may be new people because the harmonies sounded great.
    They did songs I didn't expect, like 7 Bridges Road & Tequila Sunrise.

I think in interviews he is repeatedly asked the questions, so he is obligated to answer them. He clearly has a fan base & can hold his own. Many people at the show came to see Felder, not the Steve Miller Band.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    I can't believe how many people there are who don't know the difference between writing and co-writing. And I'm not talking about Don.

Also, gotta love the introduction. So basically those who don't worship Hotel California are "mean" people.
    I also love Don's "well, I can, but...my memory is hazy" hesitation when he's asked to talk about the writing of HC. Like he hadn't told the story a thousand times before. And the story has changed from what it once was. Now it was him who decided that Don H's singing wasn't working in E minor. And Glenn wasn't involved at all in the writing. Don H came up with the concept and the lyrics. It's true, his memory is very hazy.
    The "bitter pill" was great. Quick thinking!
    Why did Glenn get a songwriting credit, then? He is basically calling Glenn a liar, but given some of the other stuff he says about Glenn I guess nobody should be surprised.

If Felder is so great & has such a strong fan base, then he shouldn't be a support act. Why is he never asked hard questions like if you are such a great musician why did you release one album before the Eagles reformed & one after you were fired? Why is he never asked if he possibly, just possibly, could accept some responsiblilty for what happened instead of blaming everyone else?

He may be obligated to answer questions. It seems to me that he screens them beforehand to ensure he's not asked anything challenging.

As for the setlist percentage that UTW provided; that speaks for itself. I wasn't far off with 80%.

Banned

I was checking out the list of Timothy's song writing credits a week or so ago, at ascap.com and was stunned to see One Of These Nights Intro was credited to him.
    The writers are listed as Felder/Frey/Henley/Schmit/Walsh. Schmit and Walsh weren't even in the band when that was recorded.

Song writing credits obviously aren't as black and white as they ought to be.

If Felder had a strong fan base, he wouldn't be performing 60 to 85% Eagles songs, during his concerts nor would he be, forever prattling on about Hotel California.

I'm glad you enjoyed Felder's show on Saturday night Topkat. I'm sure he put on a great show but his act obviously can't sell enough tickets to headline a solo tour. I wish he'd take a punt with a proper Felder show rather than just continually churning out his ex Eagle act. Surely he's rich enough to try it out.

I'm interested to see if Felder mentions the unfortunate incident at the recent Henley concert. Will he show Henley some support for ejecting a Felder fan who heckled Steuart Smith. Maybe even wishing Glenn a happy birthday and get well soon message, too while he's at it.
    I'm drifting into the realms of fantasy aren't I

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I was checking out the list of Timothy's song writing credits a week or so ago, at ascap.com and was stunned to see One Of These Nights Intro was credited to him.
    The writers are listed as Felder/Frey/Henley/Schmit/Walsh. Schmit and Walsh weren't even in the band when that was recorded.

Song writing credits obviously aren't as black and white as they ought to be.
    Well, that is obviously a major error on ASCAP's part. The Eagles have always listed the writing credit for HC as Felder/Henley/Frey. I have heard Glenn talking about how he came up with the guy on the dark desert highway concept. I have no reason to believe he is lying. I do have reason to believe that Felder minimises Frey's contributions to the Eagles every second chance he gets.

Stuck on the Border

It doesn't really belong here, but this was Don Henley speaking about Glenn:
    He wrote some of the best parts of Hotel California and Desperado too. I get credit for a lot of that, but the fact is that he wrote some of the pivotal lines that I wouldn’t have thought of in a million years.
    source

Well Sunday in NJ Felder played a solo show with no opening band, it was just his band. The very nice theatre in Morristown holds 1300 and it was pretty close to sold out. So he probably can tour around the country solo and easily fill up places for 500-1000 people. Of course most people go to hear eagles songs but i was also curious to see his guitar work especially.