Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
On that line, maybe Don needs encouragement to be more than an Eagles tribute act. That's the safe option but even if his show was only 50% Eagles, that might satisfy the audience.
I have two differing opinions on this.

1 - I more than anything would love him to real put his nose to the grindstone and write some more music AND play it live.

But 2 - And I don't want to sound cold here, but now that the Eagles are no more I want to still be able to hear a lot of those songs any chance I get with any of the guys solo, including Felder. Maybe he should do less of the pre-On The Border ones, but I still like to hear those songs being played by a guy who was in the Eagles, regardless if he was on the record or not as he played them perfectly live so many times. I also realize that it is weird for him to do songs he didn't record on, but it's an Eagles song and I'll take it lol.

-----

It's a hard choice but I'd be content with him playing all of the songs he played a part in with the band, and save some space for more solo material past, present, and future. Whether it's 50/50 or 75 (Eagles) and 25 (solo). I wouldn't be happy with 75 (solo) and 25 (Eagles) though, I have to be honest.

But I'd hate to see any of the guys solo and only hear one or two Eagles songs. I would be disappointed, I know I would. Heck I saw the LROOE tour and they played all my favorites but one and I was STILL slightly disappointed. Only on the HOTE tour were all of my favorites played.

But when it comes down to it, I'm more a fan of 70s rock music (I have to say I prefer it to any of their solo work), but I'd give any and all new music a chance with me as I have for every solo record.