Page 98 of 172 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Doing Right Now

Default Re: What Are You Doing Right Now

Listening to music and doing some spring cleaning on my computers.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

HB how were the bats???!!!

When you said one of Austin's favorite attractions, I thought you meant WalshFan! I'm in Border mode.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Baby View Post
    Dreamer and I are leaving for a boat cruise to see one of Austin's #1 tourist attractions - the bats under the Congress St. Bridge. All the bats come out from under the bridge at dusk which is home of the largest urban bat colony in the world. The cruise bills itself as one of the most incredible wildlife spectacles in the world. We'll see!
    Hubby, daughter, and I walked to the bridge a few years ago when we visited her there! It was quite a spectacle! Lots of people watching!

DJ, congrats to your daughter and enjoy the new bed! I love my bed even though it's a few years old now! It's always a bit hard to adjust to a new one! You wouldn't think so, but it's true! For me anyway!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Sorry for the delay, MC - I haven't yet caught up here. It was a very interesting cruise. We learned more @ bats than I thought possible. I am somewhat of an expert now - LOL! Our 750,000 bats were probably not as spectacular as Brooke's because they did not come out all at once in a huge cloud form. Instead they came out a few at a time because they were all female and pregnant. We were told they would deliver in June and then after 5 to 6 weeks, the babies would fly out with their mothers. So then instead of 750,000 bats, it would be 1.5 million and they would come out at dusk in swarms. August is supposed to be a great month to observe the spectacle.

I thought of WalshFan too when I mentioned Austin!

Sorry for the delay, MC - I haven't yet caught up here. It was a very interesting cruise. We learned more @ bats than I thought possible. I am somewhat of an expert now - LOL! Our 750,000 bats were probably not as spectacular as Brooke's because they did not come out all at once in a huge cloud form. Instead they came out a few at a time because they were all female and pregnant. We were told they would deliver in June and then after 5 to 6 weeks, the babies would fly out with their mothers. So then instead of 750,000 bats, it would be 1.5 million and they would come out at dusk in swarms. August is supposed to be a great month to observe the spectacle.
    That to me is my worst nightmare!! Especially with all the little babies flying about I actually feel sick at the thought of it.....

It made me remember a time when I was on holiday in Portugal with my sister and we were at a zoo. We went into a cave like area to look at snakes and lizards when my sister called me over to a large window and said look - then she banged on the glass and ran while hundreds of bats started flying around inside the glass room - I of course screamed and ran and found her outside laughing!!
    Needed a beer and to watch the Dolphin show to recover from that
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Starting the three day weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Having a conversation with the Captain, and getting ready to watch my Buccos.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Enjoy the 3 day weekend VA and everyone else who has one! I am working tomorrow so instead of a 3 day I will have a 2 day weekend.

Monday along with many others I will stop and remember all the men and women thru the years who made the ultimate sacrifice. My thanks and prayers for these brave men and women and their families.

Monday along with many others I will stop and remember all the men and women thru the years who made the ultimate sacrifice. My thanks and prayers for these brave men and women and their families.
    Amen, sister! As Billy Ray Cyrus once said, "All gave some, some gave all."
    VK

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Resting and chilling
    Trying to get stronger
    Each and every day

Take It Easy, TT!! Glad to hear you're getting better. Don't try to do too much too fast.
    VK