Page 54 of 302 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Is Anyone available to talk about Al Anon? I have been looking up meeting times and places. Trying to decide how I would explain my absence to go to a weekly meeting when I hate to even go to the store. Is it worth it? Will it help?

Zelda and TT - Get well soon!!!!!

VA - Glad you can get home for Thanksgiving.

-----

Not much going on here. Going to be pretty quiet until the 8th when I fly out to Florida.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

I agree w u bj ,
    Hope that this is it for sickness for the winter.
    One nasty ,cold affecting everything.
    I did get a flu shot ,not the flu I do work with patients and this has been going around the office.

Now I have no vlicelolsome people r happy campers !
    Anyway thanks for all the well wishes.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sad-cafe View Post
    Is Anyone available to talk about Al Anon? I have been looking up meeting times and places. Trying to decide how I would explain my absence to go to a weekly meeting when I hate to even go to the store. Is it worth it? Will it help?
    I've never looked into it, but I've spoken to a few who have, and most of them said it was beyond worth it, it was a life saver.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Border Troubadour

Any advice appreciated guys, I'm in quite a situation here.

As I've mentioned I went for a job ages ago but didn't get it. I met up with them again today and they've offered me another more-office, less-people based role (I'm a bit timid at times), but it's even better than the one I went for. It's a full time job and whilst it's only 18 months guaranteed employment, if I do even an average job I'll have no trouble finding employment in the same role elsewhere, and that will as good as set me up for life. It also includes a lot of cool little behind the scenes style experiences too across the company. The only trouble is if I take it I'll have to leave uni, and whilst I'll still be in the same city I will miss it sooooooo much, especially the social aspect. It is essentially a huge gamble on my future, but the rewards are so lucrative. I've spoken to a few people and thought about it alone for a few hours now and I'm still no nearer. Need to let them know as soon as possible too! Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Any advice appreciated guys, I'm in quite a situation here.

As I've mentioned I went for a job ages ago but didn't get it. I met up with them again today and they've offered me another more-office, less-people based role (I'm a bit timid at times), but it's even better than the one I went for. It's a full time job and whilst it's only 18 months guaranteed employment, if I do even an average job I'll have no trouble finding employment in the same role elsewhere, and that will as good as set me up for life. It also includes a lot of cool little behind the scenes style experiences too across the company. The only trouble is if I take it I'll have to leave uni, and whilst I'll still be in the same city I will miss it sooooooo much, especially the social aspect. It is essentially a huge gamble on my future, but the rewards are so lucrative. I've spoken to a few people and thought about it alone for a few hours now and I'm still no nearer. Need to let them know as soon as possible too! Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

TLR, I think you've already answered your own question. There's no doubt you should take the job. If you do well, there would be no reason to not keep you past the 18 months, and the ability to earn good money and take care of yourself is far more important than university, which is something you can always pick up again in the future, or take courses online. I understand the social aspects, but I'm sure you will find friends at work, and still be able to see your school friends when you can. Sometimes, you have to roll the dice, especially if there can be huge rewards.

Border Troubadour

Thanks WW. I'm beginning to agree, it's a fantastic opportunity (I was almost speechless when he was listing the things the job included ) and, to quote OOC, 'You got no guts, you get no glory'.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I agree, tlr. It sounds like a great opportunity and like WW said, you can always go back to uni if it doesn't work out.

Congrats!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I agree that you should take this job. Congratulations!

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Jobs r hard to come by