Page 280 of 302 FirstFirst ... 180230270276277278279280281282283284290 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Thanks for the votes of confidence, everyone. They mean a lot. This time tomorrow, I'll be touring the campus, which isn't that big, since it isn't the main campus.

I'm currently nursing some badly sunburned skin on my legs, arms, and neck. I spent over 2 hours outside unprotected yesterday afternoon. Bad mistake for a somewhat fair skinned person.

NMB, congrats on your song and recording! I would like to hear it.

Buffy, best of luck with the new novel.

Joy, hope that you found a physical therapy place nearby you.

LT, sounds like the evening was fun!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    It's about consoling someone who's experienced a great loss. Trying (gently) to encourage them to see that eventually "you will breathe again, you will believe again." It's partly influenced by seeing my mom going through the grieving process - we recently lost my dad, her partner of 60 years.
    I hope we'll get to hear your song sometime when you're ready, NMB.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

[QUOTE=AlreadyGone95;329229]Thanks for the votes of confidence, everyone. They mean a lot. This time tomorrow, I'll be touring the campus, which isn't that big, since it isn't the main campus.

I'm currently nursing some badly sunburned skin on my legs, arms, and neck. I spent over 2 hours outside unprotected yesterday afternoon. Bad mistake for a somewhat fair skinned person.
    ------------------------------------------

AG, I hope your campus tour was great and your sunburn heals quickly! Thinking of you today.

I'm trying to finish my 2nd CD.. It's taking me a long time, but I play all the instruments, engineer, produce, etc., and I don't use a computer, so it's a lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by MortSahlFan View Post
    I'm trying to finish my 2nd CD.. It's taking me a long time, but I play all the instruments, engineer, produce, etc., and I don't use a computer, so it's a lot of work.
    MSF- Yes, it actually sounds like it's a lot of work. Wishing you really good luck and good vibes as you work on this project.

Thank you so much!

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Good luck with the album. It sounds like quite an undertaking, but if you look on the bright side if you're working solo there's no danger of falling out with other band members or those dreaded 'creative tensions'!

Border Desperado

So many talented people here! I'm envious of those with the talent to produce music. I'm strictly a consumer.

NMB, I can relate to your loss. I lost my mother almost 2 years ago, less than a month before my mother and father's 60th anniversary. Would love to read the lyrics to your song if you are open to that. My father still gets emotional from time to time.

MSF, Your CD sounds like a labor of love. Good luck with it!

I don't want to overlook the non-musical pursuits.

Buffy, Good luck with your novel.

AG95, How was the campus tour?

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

MSF, best of luck in finishing your CD. I hope it turns out the way you want it to.

The college "tour" consisted of being inside a classroom for 3 hours listening to the interim director discuss the important things (my first "lecture" lol), and picking my classes for the summer and fall semesters. The latter of which took 2 hours. The reason why is complicated. I need 42 credits(24 different classes) for an AA in history. The college has 3 different campuses which all are between 30-60 minutes drive from my home and each other. Some classes I need are only offered at one of the classes at very specific times. (For example, every single history class is only available at the main campus.) Summer semester is half as long as spring and fall, so that means I have to do twice the work to be done with the class on time. Because of that, the director strongly advised against doing too many heavy weighted classes. It took several different tries to get the number of hours needed to be a full time student, but also have a realistic schedule. I have more classes for summer, but that's because I chose the easier classes for a lighter workload. The real fun will start in August. For summer, all of my classes will be at the campus I chose as my main (preferred) campus. For fall, I won't have a single class there.

The thing I'm most happy about is that none of 3 campuses are open on Freydays, which means no classes on those days! (Except possibly the one online class I'm doing.)
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I'm excited for you, AG. You're on your way!