Page 279 of 302 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281282283289 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

It's about consoling someone who's experienced a great loss. Trying (gently) to encourage them to see that eventually "you will breathe again, you will believe again." It's partly influenced by seeing my mom going through the grieving process - we recently lost my dad, her partner of 60 years.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Good luck with it, NMB!

Austin, have fun in Iowa?!

jms, hope your kitty is doing well!

AG, good luck with your college meetings!

Not much going on in my life other than chaos! That two year old is a busy body! Keeps me hopping! Literally!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Good luck with it, NMB!

Austin, have fun in Iowa?!

jms, hope your kitty is doing well!

AG, good luck with your college meetings!

Not much going on in my life other than chaos! That two year old is a busy body! Keeps me hopping! Literally!

Congrats on the demo.

Have a fun trip Austin.

Kim you will excel in college.

Went to the ortho doctor. He put me in a full walking boot for 6 weeks, it weighs a ton. I also have 6 weeks of physical therapy ahead of me. I spent all morning trying to find a facility that accepts my insurance. 3 places moved out of my area in the past 6 months. I really didn't want to have a 120 mile round trip 3 times a week.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That's so awesome NMB!!!

Best of luck AG. I finally went back to college to finish my degree and hopefully will graduate next year depending on when the classes are offered.

As for me I'm actually in the process of writing my next novel!!! I've written and self-published 4 of my stories (one is a novella), with the 5th coming sometime this summer once I get editing done. But this new 6th story I'm working on is one I've wanted to write since I was about 11 or 12 years old, and I'll finally use that scene I imagined to "Take it to the Limit" when I was little for it. Actually, a lot of Eagles songs are on this book's playlist as well as one of Glenn's solo songs. I make playlists for all my stories and include a list of it in the book when it's published, and I also was able to make the playlists on Spotify for anyone to listen to since almost all the songs are available on there. I'll be posting links soon on my Twitter, which is the same username as here.

Fun Fact: My first book was named "If Not for You" after George Harrison's song and lots of Beatles songs are on that playlist, while for my 2nd novel "Double Play" I almost named "The Boys of Summer" since Don's song really is the main song of that book and what I imagined the story to first.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    That's so awesome NMB!!!

Best of luck AG. I finally went back to college to finish my degree and hopefully will graduate next year depending on when the classes are offered.

As for me I'm actually in the process of writing my next novel!!! I've written and self-published 4 of my stories (one is a novella), with the 5th coming sometime this summer once I get editing done. But this new 6th story I'm working on is one I've wanted to write since I was about 11 or 12 years old, and I'll finally use that scene I imagined to "Take it to the Limit" when I was little for it. Actually, a lot of Eagles songs are on this book's playlist as well as one of Glenn's solo songs. I make playlists for all my stories and include a list of it in the book when it's published, and I also was able to make the playlists on Spotify for anyone to listen to since almost all the songs are available on there. I'll be posting links soon on my Twitter, which is the same username as here.

Fun Fact: My first book was named "If Not for You" after George Harrison's song and lots of Beatles songs are on that playlist, while for my 2nd novel "Double Play" I almost named "The Boys of Summer" since Don's song really is the main song of that book and what I imagined the story to first.
    Love George's version of this song but did you know it was written by Bob Dylan? Olivia Newton-John also did a country version of it.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

I'm currently getting ready for work in the ass crack of dawn, lol and scrolling thru tumblr reading about the royal family and how Prince Harry is ruining my life because he's so gorgeous.

congrats and good luck with college and the music AND the road trip in a nutshell. I have no doubt you guys will rock at it

and the kitty! lol

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

FP, I did know Bob wrote it and my Mom loves Olivia's version. She and a lot of my family didn't know Bob wrote it or heard George's cover till I was writing my first novel. LOL I always loved Bob's friendship with George and I credited both of them when I put my playlist in the book. It was George's version though that I thought best fit my story.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

I just finished hosting 12 ladies for drinks, dinner, games and desserts. So I'm too tired to post much, but it's a good tired. We had fun.
    See ya later!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Love George's version of this song but did you know it was written by Bob Dylan? Olivia Newton-John also did a country version of it.
    I didn't! George's version is one of my very favorite songs ever!

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    I just finished hosting 12 ladies for drinks, dinner, games and desserts. So I'm too tired to post much, but it's a good tired. We had fun.
    See ya later!
    That sounds like fun!