Page 272 of 302 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282 ... LastLast
Results 2,711 to 2,720 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Kim your family is in my thoughts & prayers. I will warn you that the next time the EMT's come senior services will become involved.

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

i just left the hospital for an ovarian cyst. it ruptured. not very happy lol

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Sending prayers for you and your family AG.

SAR, that's scary. Hope you're feeling better soon.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Stuck on the Border

Prayers sent AG. Get well soon SAR.

-----

Next week I leave for a week in the sun. Going to Florida for my Annual visit. My first vacation of any kind since the surgeries so I'm looking forward to it.

Have loads of fun, WF88!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by jms18222 View Post
    Kim your family is in my thoughts & prayers. I will warn you that the next time the EMT's come senior services will become involved.

My uncle has been down this road with his own parents. (This set of grandparents sort of adopted him despite not being related). He's tried his best to get my grandmother to understand the severity of the situation. Once adult protective services get involved, my grandfather will be forced into a nursing home because their house isn't fit for a person like him to live in. My grandmother is so bullheaded and stubborn that she won't relent. She thinks that only she knows what's best for him. Her "treatment" is borderline neglect. My grandfather wants to see his doctor, just in case there is something else that can be done to help him. My grandmother tells him that they can't do anything else, and won't make an appointment for him to see a doctor. There isn't anything else that can be done, but it's the principle of the matter.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. The next step is to install keypad deadbolts on the front and back doors, which my uncle will do in the morning. My grandfather doesn't have enough mental capacity left to remember a code, so that should keep him inside. This is final step that we can take.

My mom and uncle also plan to make a trip to the local DFACS office, to discuss the situation and get some advice to do what is best for my grandfather.

----------------------

SAR, hope you're feeling better soon!

Austin, enjoy Florida! There's a huge heatwave that has Georgia and (northern) Florida experiencing temps 20 degrees above average! 85 F is a high for May/June, not March. Spring breakers will probably be spending a lot if time in the water.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

I love the water. I'll be in Naples, which is more south but should still be better than Illinois. That said, I can't complain too much - today was really nice out.

Stuck on the Border

My Florida trip is off. I came close to dying Saturday night. I had an anaphylactic reaction to an allergy shot and adrenal crisis that plummeted my blood pressure and put me in shock. My bp when I got to the er was 70/40. I should have called 911 instead of going by car.

My bp is just now back to normal today and I hope to be discharged today.

I'm doing much better now but I could still use some thoughts and prayers as I physically and mentally/emotionally get over this.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Austin, oh my goodness! Please take care! Glad you are getting straightened out, but sorry your vacation is off.

SAR, hope you are better now, too!

No health emergencies for me, thankfully! But, I have no kitchen these days, so that means very little cooking! We are having the cabinets painted and getting new countertops, plus a little revamping of the kitchen design which is adding a small bar area. I'm so excited, but having no running water or sink is a pain! Microwave meals or driving at least 13 miles to town for at least the next two weeks (and last 2 weeks) is not fun! Nor is having all the cabinet contents in boxes in the office fun either!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thats a very sad situation AG. I hope your Grandad will be ok.

I've had a very busy few weeks between exam marking, a conference and the fact that I went for another job (but I didnt get it!!). St Patricks Day and Easter fall very near to each other this year so all the school holidays start on Wednesday. I hope to be around here a lot more as a result
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP