Page 261 of 302 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

MF got you confused with LT! Sorry and congrats!

Grandson is napping so I'm catching up here!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

MF, congrats on your upcoming arrival!
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

MF - congrats on the great news !!

The floods around my house are finally receding!! I can now get to my car without jumping over BIG puddles - it will take another two weeks or so before the water pumps will be turned off and then we hope that the water stays down....

Then the clean-up starts.......
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Border Desperado Midnight_Flyer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    MF got you confused with LT! Sorry and congrats
    it's ok lol

thanks all

MF - congrats!

-----

Well I think my hip replacement recovery is finally over. I'm pretty much out of precautions, finished physical therapy, and on to bigger and better things. I'm so glad to be out of pain and be able to hopefully be more active this year.

thank you

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

MF- congrats from me as well.

My brother's wedding has been set for the end of September. They decided to get married on the beach in Florida(gulf of Mexico), so that our 95 year old nana, who will be 96 by then, can attend the wedding.

My grandfather continues to get worse. At 4 am yesterday morning, my grandmother found him on the kitchen floor. He had just slipped and fell while trying to get a light bulb to change the lamp in his room! Instead of calling 911 or at least calling my mom or my uncle, my grandmother decided to get him up and back to bed herself. While my grandfather doesn't weigh much, my grandmother is very short and has heart problems. It took her over an hour to get him back to bed. My grandfather refuses to stay in bed. It takes all he can do to go into the kitchen or the bathroom, which are the rooms right next to his bedroom! My grandmother can't handle him by herself, but she continues to try, which is a danger to both of them!

I spent time last weekend with a friend whom I hadn't seen in over 3 years.(he spent the night at my uncle's) He's a good decade older than me and has always liked to drink alcohol. He lost his dad about 6 months ago, and he's been down ever since. Plus he has a physical disability as well. He's committing slow suicide by drinking. I've seen people drink, but not like this. In 24 hours, he drank 1/2 gallon rum, several shots of Whiskey, 2 mixed drinks, and a bud light lime-a-rita. At 7 o'clock in the morning, he wanted to drink more shots. He admits that he has a problem, but he hasn't done anything about it. I'm afraid that soon he'll die of alcohol poisoning if he doesn't change soon.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    MF- congrats from me as well.
    thank you

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

On top of the huge sorrow and depression I feel because of Glenn's death, my grandfather is not doing well. Besides what happened a few days ago, the night before last (Sunday night), my grandmother awoke at 3 am to find her husband taking the sharp kitchen knives and placing them in spots around the house. He had no idea why he was doing it. My grandmother said that that is the first time that she's ever been scared of him. Not only that, but he was also going to leave to up to the gas station for something, but he didn't know what. Yesterday morning, she fixed him his usually big breakfast, and he couldn't eat it. He's beyond being skinny at 5 foot 9 and 110 ppunds. He's also having little mini strokes (he had one big one over 3 years ago). My pop is no longer the pop I used to know.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time