Page 247 of 302 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

http://images.listingstoleads.com/pr...1440612565.jpg

sold our home (technically hasn't sold yet...contract is signed...pending inspection)

It was listed for 7 days Wow our heads are spinning

We are moving to :

http://eatonplace.net/images/cropped/eaton023.jpg

we are the second from top red brick 413 it is 1300 sq feet corner apartment. Really cool.

I didn't really want to move but I love this apartment and it feels God is working in this. Things are going smoothly and it just feels right.

could use prayers that the final details go smoothly.

Sad-cafe, congrats on the quick sale of your former home and love the architectural style of the new apartment building! I hope your move goes smoothly.
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

s-c, that's quite a change for you going from a single family home to a multi family building! Good luck with everything!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

s-c, hope you enjoy the more urban lifestyle that living at the Eaton will provide!

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

SC, good luck with the move and the sale of the house .

I'm still trying to understand the Medicare thing. As I said a few weeks ago, a certain amount of money will be taken out of my check to pay for the premium. Well, last Friday, I received a notice from my local DFACS office(dept. of family and children services). It stated that the department of community health will pay for the premium, Medicare deductibles, and co-insurance. Deductibles being what I would pay after Medicare pays its part. Co-insurance is extra insurance alongside Medicare. It'll pay for things that Medicare doesn't like vision and dental. (I definitely need vision coverage).

Ok, so I'm being told one thing by the federal government(social security) and something totally different by my local health department. . I'm hoping that I'll know for sure what will happen by the first of October. It's hard to plan ahead when you don't know for sure what will happen.

Today has been a bit arkward. I woke up at a little after 10 am, and I didn't have any cell phone service! Neither did my mom. First thought "did I pay the bill?" Yes I did. Well, I've known the service(Verizon) to drop early in the morning (like 2 am), but not during the day. Our cell phones are the only forms of communication we have, so we were in trouble if something happened. (No landline, and our internet service is Verizon as well). All afternoon passed, and still no service. My mom suggested that we go down to other nearby tower (about 6 miles southwest of us), and see what happened. I got a very weak signal, not even enough to send a text. I normally have the best signal available with that tower. Ok, let's go to the other tower several miles farther south. I had 2 bars and internet service (3g and 4g).
    The tower is near the home/workplace of a family friend so we stopped by to chat. He told us that our tower had gone down this morning and had affected all nearby Verizon towers. Everybody within about a 25 mile radius of my small town was affected. (Verizon is the only cell phone provider around here). I didn't get service back until 6:30 pm.
    You don't know what you've got until it's gone. I don't know what caused the outtage. It wasn't weather related.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

That sounds very strange AG! Surely too they would give you a reminder about the bill if it hadnt been paid rather than just summarily cut you off? I hope the medicare thing works out for you.

And S-C congratulations on your new home. I hope you will be very happy there.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

AG, good luck wading through the Medicare stuff! I hope it all gets explained better for you. My mom is on it and I know it's all a hassle! Strange about the cell phone service. The only cell service that works around me is US Cellular.

I've been kind of on vacation for the last week and a half! Hubby is gone to northern Michigan bear hunting with a friend. No cooking for me! He will be back later this week. Kinda quiet around my house unless the grandson comes over!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

GA, yes, they would've. They give you almost a month after the due date to pay the bill. That was just the first thought I had. Like I said, everyone around here was affected. It was even affecting other cell phone carriers! I don't know what happened. I just hope that it doesn't happen again! 8 hours without being to make a call or even send a text was scary!

As for the Medicare, I'm just playing it by ear. I'll know for sure when the check arrives next month!

There's a huge possibility Georgia department of transportation(GDOT) closing down a local bridge on a state highway for a year to repair it. It's one of the major routes in and out of the city of Albany(the big city for southwest Georgia). For most people, it's a not a big deal, but for the residents of my county and some of my family members, it is. To get to Albany, my uncle(the one I mention alot), will be looking at an extra 20 miles round trip ( and that's just to get food, gas, household items etc). It would probably shut down a very popular local seafood restaurant. It would make emergency crews go miles out of the way. Not to mention the farmers who would have to detour as well.

The bridge could use some maintenance, but surely it wouldn't take a year! Being such a rural area, our bridges and roads get overlooked so much, and when they do get looked at, GDOT decides to do it slowly and mess up the daily lives of the people around here.

Enjoy the rest of your staycation Brooke! In a few weeks, my county will be full of deer hunters because there's a local wildlife/game preserve only about a mile outside of my small town.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

AG and SC - Good luck!

AG : That the other agency is going to pick up the 20% Medicare doesn't sounds a bit strange. All my experience with Medicare is that unless you have a secondary paid out of pocket insurance, you are to pay the 20%, I'd double check with a superior in that agency and get that in writing. My parents are on medicare and they have to have the secondary to pay all medical costs. Here's one for ya. I am on disability. I received medicare info. in the mail that says I can pay for medicare, which I don't need to, because I have ins. through my working spouse, but I automatically have part A which is hospitalization and I cannot in any way shape or form decline that. Medicare told me that is an entitlement and I cannot refuse it. To me it's a waste of tax $ because I also have very good hospitalization through my private insurance. There should be some way to decline that if a person doesn't need it. Save the tax $ for people that do need it. Sorry to say it's a broken system in many ways. But I am so thankful for the disability, without that I'd be poverty level. Good Luck.

My life is settling down after remodeling our deck and residing the back of the house. The deck is done, Yah and the siding is just about there. My hubby and son worked so hard on this through the hot summer. Our temps now are perfect. Wake up to about 45 degrees and mid day it's mid 70's. Perfect. Could use a bit more moisture though. It seems that the seasons are a bit ahead of themselves this year. All in all it's a beautiful Rocky Mountain day.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............