Page 231 of 302 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

I went out shoe shopping after work, and saw a pair of sneakers with One Direction printed all over them, along with the band members' names. Seriously, I can't make this stuff up. (No, I did not buy a pair... )
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Good luck with the op Austin. I don't think its as bad as you anticipate. My Dad had it done about 5 years ago and he is so much more mobile. He was up and walking about 2 days afterwards (with the help of a frame). Normally here you stay in hospital for about 10 days and then rehab for the next 2 weeks or so but because his memory loss and confusion was so bad the decided not to move him at all. But he just got better and better all the time which was great for an 85 year old who could barely walk before it. I'm sure you'll do great.

VA, our shops were flooded a short while ago with 1-D merchandise as well. I'm delighted mine were never really into them. One was too young, the other too 'musically discerning'!! :eyeroll:
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    I went out shoe shopping after work, and saw a pair of sneakers with One Direction printed all over them, along with the band members' names. Seriously, I can't make this stuff up. (No, I did not buy a pair... )
    You totally should have !! I would sport them for feces and giggles !!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

VA, you should have gotten them!

That reminds me of a pair of tennis shoes with Cardinals logos all over them. My daughter would love them, but they're too expensive!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Now if it was EAGLES and their names on them.......

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

HB, if it had been Eagles, I'd have been all over them. Not sure I'd wear them, though. My friends all already think I'm loony over the guys, and today didn't help. When posting something to the EOC Facebook page, I forgot to point it in that direction and it posted on my personal timeline instead. I didn't notice until several people 'liked' it. Oh well, I guess it's good they know Don has an album coming out!

Due to the dentist appointment, I'm working at my company's office today instead of the customer site. The AC is broken and it's 91 and extremely humid outside. We are up to 84 in here now, and there's still two hours to go...
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Yuck! That happened once in our office and it was not fun especially after lunch. We were all full from lunch and then add the warmness, we all just wanted to crawl under our desks and take a nap.

And speaking about being loony over our guys, I had a woman from another dept. come up to me this morning and exclaim "Now I know why you love the Eagles so much!" She said she watched the HOTE documentary last night for the first time and said she did not know they could sing like that and were so talented. She is a fan now!!

HB, has she been living under a rock or what?

VA, horrible conditions! I say, go home!

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I remember in 8th grade, during the middle of August, my school's a/c broke down for 2 weeks. Mot only that, but at times the heat was on. It was hotter inside than it was outside! By the end of those 2 weeks, us students were about teady to go on strike .

HB, that's great that another person has been made a fan!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Today is my 41st wedding anniversary! Seems like a dream now it was so long ago!

Actually, I can't believe it's been this long! It hasn't always been easy, but we have persevered and have always been determined to work it out and make it last. Lots of valleys but more mountains and I'd do it all again with this man if I had to! Sweetest husband in the world and he's always put me and our kids first. Here's to 41 more! Let's see, we'll each be 100!