Page 222 of 302 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232272 ... LastLast
Results 2,211 to 2,220 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

TT and UTW - get well soon!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Stay-cation for me this week! Spring cleaning is on the agenda! Whoop whoop!

Hubby and I went to St. Louis for the weekend and caught the Cardinals game Saturday. Rain was in the forcast and as soon as the game started it started to rain! They played a half inning and the tarp came out. Luckily we were sitting just under an overhang and it didn't rain on us! We ended up with a two hour delay, but finally got the game going. It wasn't good. My Cards lost 4-3, but it was fun to go anyway. We stayed the night in town and went down to The Landing for dinner, which is a lot of old buildings turned in to pubs and eateries along a cobblestone street. I suppose they were some of the first buildings from the 1800's. A nice way to start my week off!
    Last edited by Brooke; 05-20-2015 at 09:59 AM.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Glad you had a blast besides the rain

Sorry your cards lost...
    But sounds like it was fun anyway

Basement family room cleaned, front porch floor stained, windows washed!

I opted to go outside and work this afternoon as it was in the 70's today. Colder the next two days, so I will work inside then. Fun times, NOT! But ya gotta do what ya gotta do!

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Brooke - I am exhausted just reading your post - LOL! Sounds like you started the week off with fun times. I would love to see St Louis someday. I like old buildings! Have fun the rest of the staycation and if you get finished early with your home, you're invited to H-town to spring clean mine.

HB, of course! Just don't wait for me long! lol

Yesterday I cleaned the laundry room from floor to ceiling! Vacuumed all the shades in the house and under the bedroom furniture. What I don't understand is it rains all the time these days, where does all the dust come from? I hate it!

Today the main floor bath is my target.....

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Brooke, I'm sorry you had to experience your team losing... My Buccos seem to have a lot of experience with that so far this year. At least the Cards lost to Glenn's favorite team, just think how happy he is and maybe you'll feel better?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I had the strangest dream this morning! I don't remember the first part, really, just that I was in a town very similar to the one I live in. I was spending time with a lot of different people, but I never saw faces to know who. I needed to go somewhere, so I got in a vehicle and drove. I didn't go too far before I came up over a hill and down the other side. It had been sunny and bright when I left, so I had on sun glasses. I was on a very long, very straight bridge that was low to the water when it occurred to me that it was very dark outside. I took off my sunglasses, and that didn't help. I knew that wasn't right, I didn't look at the clock, but I knew it was afternoon. People driving towards me had their headlights on. Even off the bridge, the road was very straight, and I could see pretty far. Out over the water on either side, I could see gray skies in the distance, dark but less dark. The darkness on the sides of me extended forward as far as I could see. Straight ahead of me and up a slight hill was the end of the clouds, there was sunlight and blue skies. There was a sense of someone in the vehicle with me, but I didn't see them, and I don't know who, but I gestured at the patch of light ahead of us and said something along the lines of there being some hope we can get through this before the storm started.

I woke up then, and of course, felt like I was still in the dream a bit. I often wake up with a snippet of dream in my head, and it's usually forgotten by the time I get out of bed. This was different in every way. I knew this meant something, and I knew I was meant to remember it and think about it. I thought about it and several things jumped out at me. The darkness was unusual and totally unexpected. I'm terrified of storms, and in my dream, I wasn't afraid, I didn't even have a sense of foreboding. I was just cautious. I was on a bridge, I'm terrified of high bridges, I'm nervous on low bridges. I wasn't nervous at all. Since the only thing besides a solar eclipse that makes it so very dark in the middle of the day is storm clouds, I knew a storm was about to happen, but it wasn't storming. There was no rain, no wind. Since I was on a bridge, there was only one way to go, and that was straight ahead, no confusing forks in the road. Straight ahead was Hope and Light. All the things I normally fear weren't making me afraid. I knew as long as I stayed straight I'd be OK, and there wasn't really any way to veer off-course. I didn't speed up, I stayed going the speed limit (something I seldom do).

After I got up and had some coffee in me, I thought of the 23rd Psalm and the verse about 'Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death...' The darkness felt like a shadow, and of course if it's caused by clouds, it is a shadow. It wasn't much of a valley, though. The hills were not very big. Just a sense that it was an abrupt and unexpected change once I came over the top of the hill. I was confused, but not really worried because I knew there was nothing I could do about it, and I knew that once I got to the blue skies, everything would be OK.

It was very weird and I'm a little rattled, as you might imagine.

On a totally separate note, something that has me a little more rattled, I got an email from DirecTV that a payment was made via telephone last night. I didn't do that! Only $42.00. Their customer service is finally open for the day, so I'm calling now.
    VK

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Brooke, I'm sorry you had to experience your team losing... My Buccos seem to have a lot of experience with that so far this year. At least the Cards lost to Glenn's favorite team, just think how happy he is and maybe you'll feel better?
    Believe it or not, I did think about the Tigers being Glenn's team!

And that was a very strange dream!

Yes, still a mite rattled by the dream. On the DirecTV front, they are pretty convinced that me or someone in my household did it. It took forever to get the guy to escalate the matter. Meanwhile, I called AmEx and we are monitoring my account for other unusual activity. It's a relatively new card and number that I've not given out to anyone. Only one person recently has even seen the card to get the information off it. So...I'll be monitoring that person as well...
    VK