Page 14 of 302 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Good luck troub
    Tt

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

We understand Troub! Take care of your new class & students & enjoy your first year! We are behind you ALL THE WAY.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    Busy week for you, GA! Glad your dad is doing okay, and congrats on the run. A very worthy cause.

I am just dropping in to say a quick hello before I go to bed - today was my first day at school with my new (first ever!) class. It was manic but fun, and I feel good about the year ahead, although I know it will be hard work. I am lucky to have such a supportive staff team around me - it makes all the difference in the world. I really appreciate all of your good wishes on here and on Facebook. I promise I will try to catch up properly with The Border very soon... in the meantime, bear with me. It's going to take me a while to learn the ropes at work and to develop a decent work/life balance! I will admit I'm already looking forward to the weekend, just to take a bit of a breather and process it all...

Thinking of everyone and hoping you all are doing well!
    Well done Lou! I knew you would make a great start! I'm glad you are loving your new job!

But DON'T burn yourself out! You need to relax and switch off occasionally too!
    Last edited by Glennsallnighter; 09-04-2013 at 03:10 AM.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Yay Lou!!!! Good luck with the new class--you'll get a routine put together soon!!

On the home front...my bass teacher and I took the first steps in conquering what he calls "the ultimate bass line"...Hotel California
    I'm just getting basic chords down right now...and I can do the eighth note pattern that goes with the guitar duet...but soon

Troub, I know you've been working hard just to get your classroom looking cool, and right on top of that here come the kids! Whew! Honestly, it takes a special person to be a teacher. Some of you teachers talked about starting your own thread, and I think that's a great idea. We have quite a few teachers here, and I would think it would be cool to compare notes and stuff.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Troub, I know you've been working hard just to get your classroom looking cool, and right on top of that here come the kids! Whew! Honestly, it takes a special person to be a teacher. Some of you teachers talked about starting your own thread, and I think that's a great idea. We have quite a few teachers here, and I would think it would be cool to compare notes and stuff.
    I'm all for a teacher thread!

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

Good job Lou on your first day of teaching your new class. Good luck on everything my friend and hopefully you will enjoy it more and more. We will be backing you up each step of the way!!

And Amy, so glad that you learned some of the bass parts on Hotel California!!! I hope you will learn the rest of it soon!!! LOL.

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Just now I'm realizing august is already over, I totally missed the first of september...! I was so busy working!
    I even couldn't find the time to spent some time on this forum.
    Luckily school's started again and that means more time for me and my hobbys (lol).

"When you got no life to lose. Well, there's nothin' left to gain"

I have had such a busy few days that I haven't even been able to post on my own forum!

I get up so early that when I get home, I just want to rest. I'm sure I will adapt but it is difficult.

Over the long weekend I went to a sci fi convention. It was fun but exhausting - I barely slept all weekend!

The good news is that classes are going well.

TT, this past weekend, I thought of our AC concerts as well. They put the convention to shame in terms of a good time!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Soda, I'm glad that your classes are going well. We understand how busy you are. It's important that you get your rest. It's dangerous driving when you're tired. I'm reminiscing about this day in 2010 in Aspen.