Page 105 of 302 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 3014

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I'm missing my dear sweet Gramma today, her birthday. She's been gone over 18 years now and I just can't believe it's been that long. She was a hard working, sweet, kind, Christian woman and I know she's looking down from heaven on us all. I have so many fond memories of her and always looked forward to going to her house to visit or stay over night as a kid. Loved to watch her 'dress' a chicken! She would identify all the parts as she did it and then cook it for us for supper later! Never thought a thing about it back then! And I've never 'dressed' a chicken to this day! We would always walk around her yard and look at all of her flowers in the summer. Her roses were her pride and joy. Her favorite color was black. And she loved to hear the robins sing. Rest in peace Gramma.
    Beautiful tribute, Brooke. I can surely empathize with you. It's been almost 12 years since my Grandma passed away. The same feelings here.

"I gotta get up, get out, get on that road and go one more mile "

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I can relate, Brooke! I was listening to After Hours the other day and when listening to My Buddy, I remembered my Pappap singing it to me so long ago, which started a whole round of memories and thinking about how much I miss him. He died in 1985.

As for my life...tried out yet another new hairdresser today. I think this one might actually work out. When I met him, I thought, 'what I good looking guy'. As he put the color on, we talked, he's a big fan of music, and he follows ZZ Top nearly as much as I follow the Eagles. He's not married and not seeing anyone, so I'm thinking...'hmmm'?? Then he tells me, he's a musician. He plays drums and used to sing in a band. I made a promise to myself at least five times to never date another musician. I guess I could go for six. All that aside, he did a much better job than the hairdresser I went to before here in KY. I think next time, though, I'll ask to have a couple inches lopped off, since later this evening, my hair got stuck down inside the sleeve of my coat and I had a hard time getting it back out. I haven't been paying attention, really, and had no idea it had gotten so long.

I think the state of Kentucky is about to have a major civil war. Apparently, University of Kentucky plays Louisville in the NCAA tourney on Friday night, and these people here are insane over college basketball. I somehow got talked into going up to Louisville to watch the game in a bar. I'm not sure how this happened. It starts at 9:45, which is my bedtime. Drive nearly an hour, watch a game I don't care about, leave and drive home amongst a bunch of people who've been drinking and are all riled up, and get home around 2am. For a game I don't care about! The craziness must be rubbing off on me.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

you're so lucky Brooke to have such fond memories of your Grandma...she sounds like wonderful lady...I've never 'dressed' a chicken either...not sure I even know what that means...lol...
    I never stayed overnight with either of my Grandmas...I think my Mom's mom died when I was 16...and I remember her flower gardens were her pride and joy...and her baking...She would bake cinnamon rolls for each of her daughters' families every week and every Saturday night would deliver them...and all sorts of other goodies too!...But I was never close to her...

VA...Go for it with the hairdresser...just maybe have some fun...you never know...
    yeah sounds to me like the craziness is wearing off!! but sounds like a lot of fun!

Brooke - Great tribute. RIP.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 03-26-2014 at 10:19 PM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

VA, sounds like your hairdresser could be interesting! You might battle about which bands to go see though!

And don't get too much cut off your hair. If you do it will never be that long again! I love long hair as long as it's stylish. I'm always going to grow mine out, but just never get there for some reason. It's never been as long as it was when I got married (nearly 40 years ago!).

Z, dressing a chicken is killing it, defeathering, gutting, and cutting up to cook!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    VA, sounds like your hairdresser could be interesting! You might battle about which bands to go see though!

And don't get too much cut off your hair. If you do it will never be that long again! I love long hair as long as it's stylish. I'm always going to grow mine out, but just never get there for some reason. It's never been as long as it was when I got married (nearly 40 years ago!).

Z, dressing a chicken is killing it, defeathering, gutting, and cutting up to cook!
    Two inches off will still keep it pretty long! I'm betting I could get two inches off and no one would even notice!

Yes, the dressing-a-chicken thing is rather disgusting. I much prefer going ot the grocery store and getting it all wrapped in plastic and Styrofoam. My paternal grandmother did this every Sunday without fail and I'm certain it has a lot to do with why I dislike chicken and detest the live creatures even more. My Dad has chickens, but they're layers, not fryers. Still annoying to sit in his yard and have them come peck at you.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

oh wow...never knew that's what that is called...dressing a chicken...I think my paternal grandparents had chickens..but thankfully I don't remember ever being there when they "dressed a chicken"..lol

I just got 4" cut off my hair yesterday and I still have lots of hair. I had it layered too and it finally looks normal again. When you can only pull it into a pony tail, it's time for a cut. It was 18" from crown to bottom, probably the longest it's been in many years.
    I have to go to my Mom's tomorrow. She is very sick like I mentioned and I am dragging her to the Dr. She is a very stubborn woman, like me... But her best friend called me today and said she has to go asap. Her best friend just happens to be my ex-mother-in-law. Yah we come from a very small town. This lady never calls unless it's serious, so tomorrow I travel for 3 hours one way.
    UGH

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I hope it is not serious DJ. I will keep your mom in my prayers. Have a safe trip.

Sending good thoughts and wishes your way, DJ.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."