Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
He's not worth it then. I would quietly try to get him in trouble, but that's just me.
Wait until you've finished the class and he has no power over you. (Most academics, of which I am one, will be fine with criticism expressed politely and privately but more, uh, unusual academics might not be.) Then raise it with him directly, preferably as a group so that it's obviously not just one person's opinion.

Or: if you have a class representative, send the criticism through the representative anonymously through the representative. This method has the advantage of possibly improving things before the course ends.

Or: If there are other lecturers in your department whom you trust, you could raise it with them. They'll know how the system works where you are and be able to advise you.

How do things work in the US concerning student unions? Do you have one?

AG95 can try and get him into trouble, but perhaps the best strategy is to try to improve the situation so that other students don't suffer the same as you do. I'm not trying, as an academic, trying to avoid another academic getting into trouble. If an academic receives negative (but properly presented) feedback consistently but doesn't do anything about it, that'll get him/her in deep trouble in the long run. Sometimes students trying to get academics in trouble (e.g. asking me directly 'how can we get an academic fired?') will be counter-productive, as the negative feedback may not be given so much weight due to the way it is presented.