Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disappointed in Eagles main web site :-(

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Disappointed in Eagles main web site :-(

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Enough people have had this problem, as seen by this community alone, that one would think they would concern themselves with trying to fix it. You may not pay them enough to test every browser thoroughly, but a common default browser like IE?! That would be worth a little more time and effort testing with a few variable (obviously not that uncommon) settings and older versions still commonly in use. Even a lowly fansite designer like myself who is making no money off my efforts would be searching for a solution if this many users were telling me my site wasn't working on their browsers. Indeed, I have done that when I discovered my CSS coding wasn't displaying consistently in older versions of IE when I was first building the sites. It was a freaking nightmare but I worked it out. I'm currently dealing with problems with my site's functionality on some mobile devices which I haven't solved yet, but then again no one's paying me to do so, lol.

As has been noted before, though, this outfit is not exactly top-notch.
    It works fine in IE, that's what I was saying. It might be a particular version, but it's likely browser settings, Internet Zone settings and security settings. Unless people are sending them emails and complaining, they probably don't know there's a problem, since it does work in IE.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I understand what you meant, VA. It works for your version with your settings. I say that for a common browser like IE, they should test it using more than one setting/version. That's what I do and I just run a fansite!

It is fair to say that they may not know about the problem, though. I might mention it tomorrow when I call to inquire about why they sent me two notifications with two different numbers for one order that only contained one item.

Fun times.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Once they don't CHARGE you twice Soda.....
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP