Page 164 of 178 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1774

Thread: Every picture tells a story

Default Re: Every picture tells a story

Thanks, Brooke. These photos are really lovely. I grew up in western NC, and go back there as often as I can. You can't beat it this time of year for gorgeous scenery. So very happy that you got to enjoy it this year.

Brooke- Those pictures are beautiful! The trees look incredible. But I know what you mean that you can never capture the true beauty in a picture. I was in Vermont for work and fun the week before last and the leaves were stunning, but you would never know it from my pictures Glad you had a wonderful time! October is such a beautiful month.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks everyone! A park ranger told us that they weren't going to have the best color this year because of the hurricane that went through last month and then it turned too warm. Looked wonderful to us though!

I'm reading Bill Bryson's book too, for the second time. This trip inspired me to read it again.

The movie came out in September and stars Robert Redford as Bryson and Nick Nolte as Katz. I can just see them playing these parts! I want to see it! Probably out on dvd soon.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    The movie came out in September and stars Robert Redford as Bryson and Nick Nolte as Katz. I can just see them playing these parts! I want to see it! Probably out on dvd soon.
    Oh geez! I need to come out of my cave more often At least it's not as bad as when I learned that one of my favorite singers, Neko Case, has a "new" - to me - album that came out in 2013.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Lol, NMB! Don't feel bad, I don't even remember the last time I went to a movie in a theater!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Thanks everyone! A park ranger told us that they weren't going to have the best color this year because of the hurricane that went through last month and then it turned too warm. Looked wonderful to us though!

I'm reading Bill Bryson's book too, for the second time. This trip inspired me to read it again.

Fantastic book. He has just released a sequel to Notes From A Small Island (his book about Britain). We have several autographed copies of his books & I have a photo I took of him at a literary lunch here in Sydney.

Border Rebel

Beautiful pictures, Brooke. Thanks for sharing.

It's funny because last fall my son and I went to see the Eagles in Boston. Some of you may remember, that it was a fundraiser for Walden Woods, and before the concert, Don Henley presented Robert Redford an award for his environmentalism. Talking to my brother and sil a few weeks later, I found out that they had gone to see Robert Redford speak at UMAss (I think it was the day before or the day after the concert), and one of the things he spoke about was the movie he was working in - Walk in the Woods. I was pretty excited about it as I loved the book. I haven't had a chance to see the movie yet, and I'm really hoping I can still catch it in a theater somewhere this weekend, as I'd love to see it on the big screen.

It's funny, all these connections, though!

Wonderful Pictures Brooke! Makes me want to visit.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

WOW what gorgeous pictures, Brooke! I love the autumn colours but we don't have any real mountain scenery in these parts

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

This is the Coheelee Creek Covered bridge outside of Blakely, Georgia, in Early County, Georgia. It's the only covered bridge in Georgia that is located south of Macon. It was built in the late 1800s and fell into disrepair when automobiles became the main form of transportation. It was rebuilt in the 1980s, and is now a local tourist attraction that's free to the public(has a picnic area, small park, fishing area), but you can't walk onto the bridge sadly. You have to be looking for it to find it because it is well off the beaten path. (only accessible by turning off of the highway onto county roads and then a dirt road).

My mom and I went there last month. My Nana lives in Blakely, so we decided to spend some time there after we visited her. Here are some of the photos I took. (The sun was very bright and it was about 3 pm, so that's why there's some "white out" aspects)

Front view:

Inside view. (I put my phone in between the bars and snapped a photo.)

Side view, and the small waterfall that flows nearby.

Here's just the waterfall and creek. You can walk all the way up to it, but it is a very steep decline and very slippery. (I almost busted my butt taking this photo)

Here are the 2 markers that tell the story of the bridge.

-Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time