Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome back Bernie!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Border Desperado GettheLeadonOut!!'s Avatar

Default Welcome back Bernie!

I know he is just a "guest" on the new tour, but I can not begin to say how happy I am to see Bernie back up there playing with the Eagles. He must be having a blast playing with his old pals Glenn and Don and singing and playing songs that he was part of creating. And just as exciting to see him tour for the first time with Joe and Timothy. These are special shows, and I can't wait till this tour gets to the West Coast!
    High up on his own, the Eagle flies alone and he is free...

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Welcome back Bernie!

I think it will be odd (for me at least) to see him share a stage with Walsh - they are (or at least were in the 70s) two totally different musicians, though Joe has calmed down a bit over the years so it won't be quite such a clash. Of course before this the only time they had ever played together was at the RRHF induction and they all seemed really tense then.

I did a bit of checking before and at current rates an Eagles gig ticket works out at £130 for a 'normal' seat. When they do come to the UK I'll happily pay that. Only two bands I want to see in my lifetime and the Eagles are one. The more members that are on stage on that night the better!

Hearing Bernie up there doing "Train Leaves Here This Morning" with Glenn and Don was absolutely surreal. I never thought I would have that privilege. He and Joe obviously respect each other and there was no tension at all in Louisville.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    ...tension at all in Louisville.
    I should have added, I meant among all 7 at the Rock Hall of Fame meeting. You could tell none of them were comfortable and probably secretly wished they needn't do it. Though to be honest Joe Walsh seems too laid back to care about tension and hatred.

It was nice to see Joe put his arm around Bernie for a moment during the goodbyes in Louisville.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

In the bows in Milwaukee, he and Glenn were next to each other, and after they all broke, the two of them kept their arms around each other for a bit longer, and Glenn said something to Bernie and they both smiled before separating. It was great to see.

Stuck on the Border Thirsty&Hot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Hearing Bernie up there doing "Train Leaves Here This Morning" with Glenn and Don was absolutely surreal. I never thought I would have that privilege. He and Joe obviously respect each other and there was no tension at all in Louisville.
    oh! I can't wait to see/hear that!
    If I can't have it all, just a taste will do...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I've gotta say what a thrill it was to see Bernie on stage in Louisville. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think it would happen. I am so glad that he was on stage for the entire first half rather than just a few songs. Even after they started hinting that Bernie may be joining them on the tour, I figured that if it did happen, he would come on for two or three songs only, and then come back on for the encore. So - to say that my expectations were exceeded is a huge understatement.

As others, have mentioned, it would be so awesome if Randy were able to join them as well. But, I'm just so thankful that, at least, one of the former members is appearing on the tour. I choked up when he first came out on the stage.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    I choked up when he first came out on the stage.
    Aw Dreamer.

It was a history-making moment.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GettheLeadonOut!! View Post
    I know he is just a "guest" on the new tour, but I can not begin to say how happy I am to see Bernie back up there playing with the Eagles. He must be having a blast playing with his old pals Glenn and Don and singing and playing songs that he was part of creating. And just as exciting to see him tour for the first time with Joe and Timothy. These are special shows, and I can't wait till this tour gets to the West Coast!
    Looks like our wish has come true. Makes it very special for us 70's fans.
    So if you see me walking all alone, don't look back. I'm just on my way back home.