Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who was the most important member: Henley or Frey?

Default Re: Who was the most important member: Henley or Frey?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    It is a great question, however. Just not one where others opinions wouldn't be ripped apart if it wasn't the favored member.

So the problem is not the question....

For me, the question isn't one that can have a definitive answer. Don and Glenn each brought a unique skill set to the Eagles and I simply could not begin to answer who played the more important role. It's that synergy/magic that the combination of them created that made them the incredible group that they became.

As others have stated, all of the past and present Eagles have played an intregal role in their success, but you only asked about Don and Glenn. Glenn brought the ambition and a lot of singing and songwriting talent, and Don brought great songwriting and signing skills (along with his underrated drumming). IMHO, that makes them both equally important to what the Eagles became. I do think it's a chicken/egg scenario

Thumbs down Re: Who was the most important member: Henley or Frey?

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    So the problem is not the question....
    The problem is that you can't answer the question without dissing the one you're not picking, either directly or indirectly, and therefore it pisses people off. From your posts here I think you're into pissing people off tho. You like to argue. Maybe its a guy thing. Whatever turns you on but don't be mad that not everyone else likes to fight. I'm sure there are other boards where people love to fight if you want that. This is actually the exception, most boards I've been on have arguments all the time. Most members here are very sensitive, even I have to dial it down or people get upset and I never thought I was that bad but several here disagree.

The Eagles would be nothing without Don, but they wouldn't even exist without Glenn.
    ~Sara

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Debutante View Post
    The problem is that you can't answer the question without dissing the one you're not picking, either directly or indirectly, and therefore it pisses people off. From your posts here I think you're into pissing people off tho. You like to argue. Maybe its a guy thing. Whatever turns you on but don't be mad that not everyone else likes to fight. I'm sure there are other boards where people love to fight if you want that. This is actually the exception, most boards I've been on have arguments all the time. Most members here are very sensitive, even I have to dial it down or people get upset and I never thought I was that bad but several here disagree.

The Eagles would be nothing without Don, but they wouldn't even exist without Glenn.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

I was afraid to open this thread, but looks like you just said it all.

it wouldn't be Eagles without ANY of the guys

Stuck on the Border Outlawman13's Avatar

I so agree with you as well SC. All of the members of the Eagles really had a very important part in the Eagles band. Super unique!!!!

You came along and changed my life Glenn!!

Border Desperado

B- O-T-H
    Be part of something good,
    Leave something good behind.

Ummmmm......ahhhh.....(Runs screaming from thread.)

Mick