Page 137 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1566

Thread: What are you listening to right now?

Default Re: What are you listening to right now?

The Definitive Collection by Chuck Berry. I'm liking it so far, and I think his voice is smoother on the ear than Holly's. I like both, so it's all good. I got the Berry disc through the public library too.

AT, yep, it's sad that he died so young. I wonder what his style of music would have been if he made music in 1960s, 70s, and onwards. I hope that it wouldn't be too folk rock-ish, but maybe he'd go for Phil Spector type of production. I wouldn't be surprised if he went country later on in his life.

ETA: I like Holly more. I was going through several songs in the last 15 minutes, and it sounded the same. It had the distinctive guitar sound and intro and piano. I could differentiate Holly's songs more easily than I can with Berry's.
    Last edited by RudieCantFail; 09-03-2016 at 02:14 AM.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

The 'Shock Treatment' film.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Glenn Frey - Soul Searchin'

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I Need You, from Lynyrd Skynyrd's Second Helping album.

It's funny because when I first heard Second Helping, I thought it was decent enough but didn't really live up to their debut album (which I always loved) apart from Sweet Home Alabama and The Ballad Of Curtis Loew. However about 4-5 months later it suddenly 'clicked' for me and I've loved it since then. I Need You is one of the songs that has grown on me most.

ETA: Now started on Don't Ask Me No Questions. One of my faves - I love the attitude! Can't believe I ever though 'meh' about it. I'm the same way with most of The Long Run album.

Stuck on the Border

Supper's Ready by Genesis yesterday. I had a really well thought out playlist, one of the best I've done for a long time, and when it finally played towards the end of the playlist, the entire 22 minutes was a joy. What a song.

Disc 2 of Elton John Greatest Hits 1970-2002. Starting w/ Disc 2 instead of 1 b/c I love the song "Don't Go Breaking My Heart." I also loved when Cam and Mitchell sang it to impress a mother who was going to give her baby up, so they could adopt it on Modern Family.

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

The Jerry Garcia Band's 1978 "Cats Under the Stars" LP.

Whether fairly or not, Garcia and the Grateful Dead often get categorized as acid/psychedelic/space rockers, but they could do some really soft tones, as this album quite well shows.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

The Unforgiven- Metallica
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

On my leatherette looking through pictures...

"Ordinary Day" by Vanessa Carlton, as part of an "I Radio Philly" musical podcast.
    All carrot, no stick.

"He's just another power junkie, just another silk scarf monkey. You'd know it if you saw his stuff. The man just isn't big enough."--Glenn Frey/Don Henley

"You think you know me, but you haven't got a clue."--John Lennon/Paul McCartney

Shadows Are Go by The Shadows on CD. I thought there would be some singing in this, but no, I was mistaken. I thought since the tracks were dated from the early 1960s on the jewel case that it would be music that I'd like. So far, it's pretty good for instrumentals, and it might make it as studying music.

ETA: On second thought, I think my Hawaiian music will still do for studying and focusing. I just don't want to take up more space on my hard drive.
    Last edited by RudieCantFail; 09-12-2016 at 10:41 PM.