Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
(I bolded part of this quote to emphasize the part I am addressing.)

Are you sure he owns the Eagles? What about Glenn's share? We don't know if it reverted to Henley on his death or if Glenn's family now owns his half of the Eagles. Also, it doesn't seem as though Henley is making all the decisions. He, Timothy, and Joe have all talked about meeting to decide what to do next, and clearly they also got the go-ahead from Glenn's family on this. Irving Azoff undoubtedly has some kind of a say as well.
I think your assessment could be accurate to some degree. However when push comes to shove, it was always Frey and Henley making the final decisions. This was true even when there were 5 owners of Eagles Ltd.
Now that Frey has passed away, Henley undoubtedly makes the final decisions.
Granted if everyone else revolted, he'd be hard pressed to go on the road with backing musicians and call it the Eagles. Still his latest decision to reform the Eagles with Deacon Frey, Vince Gil, is something he'd had to have had a hand in.
Why he is not bringing back Leadon alone is enough of a mystery. Not inviting back Meisner and Felder not so much so.

As to the upcoming concerts, I know of at least one guy who bought tickets to the upcoming concert and is pissed. He was under the impression that all the former Eagles were going to be included based on reports he heard. Now that it looks like none of them are, he does not want to go. I cannot believe the amount of money some people are willing to spend, especially with Frey and no former Eagles being a part of it.

The sad part for me is I see no effort to reconcile the past.
A buddy who I've discussed the Eagles with sent me this YT video about how some bands try to diminish or outright exclude members who fall out of favor. I was expecting one of the groups to be the Eagles. However even without them included, some of the things other bands have done mirrors what happened to the former members.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6kt18ca16I

I'm sure others can see some comparisons as well.

`