Quote Originally Posted by sad-cafe View Post
Felder,,, He is disgruntled and comes off as a whiner and he just needs to "get over it"
I am not sure what you are basing this on?

He seemed to come across ok in the Doc for the most part, and reading his book went even further to humanize him. Now there is no way of knowing how skewed his perspective is in his book, but much of it matches up with the Doc and other books. Heck I was amazed at the detail he recalls from those days, since all of the Eagles were drinking and doing drugs along the way. I think the only one that cleaned up was L-eadon toward the end. When I watched the Doc for the second time, it seemed as if they used portions of the Felder book as cliff notes. There were some details that I find strange that so many of them were able to recall, considering their altered states.

Now if Felder lost the lawsuit, or it was settled for little more than the cost of lawyers, I'd have to assume his complaints were merit-less, and petty. However he does make a case for improper conflicts of interest, special treatment Henley and Frey were getting at the expense of everyone, etc.

That is not to say his view is 100% right. However if even 50% was accurate, it still looks bad. I actually started to feel for the guy because I know people with his type of personality. Some people are in your face, and intend to resolve the issue one way or the other. Others are totally passive, and go along to get along, even if they are not happy about it. Felder is one of these guys who was typically not confrontational, but spoke up about things he was not happy with every once in a while. He allowed himself to be put off by Azoff on a regular basis, always hoping he would get answers to his questions. Instead of making demands or letting it go, he allowed it to eat him up over time, which prompted a periodic complaint or question Henley/Frey/Azoff didn't want to deal with.

`