As the induction of this year's class of Rock n Rock Hall of Fame members quickly approaches, I keep reading lists on the big omissions in the HoF, and Linda Ronstadt is always on the list, with the point being made on how many of her contemporaries are now in the Hall--Jackson Browne, Joni Mitchell, Neil Young, CSNY, and of course, Eagles. Speculation seems to be that maybe next year is her year, because her autobiography comes out this coming September, and that will get her name and legacy out there again...

After that long and wandering intro, it just got me to wondering about what new details we might learn about the early days of Glenn, Don and the soon-to-be-formed Eagles in the book. She and Glenn seem to have gotten along for the majority of the decade--he guested on a few of her albums, and they played a few benefits/concerts together during the decade. The only overt quote I can find from her RE: Glenn comes from a 1975 Rolling Stones Interview with the infamous Ben Fong-Torres:
Over the course of her solo career, Linda Ronstadt has been understandably wary about her backup groups. For one thing, she felt inadequate- she didn't know how to talk in musical terms, she said and couldn't give effective orders. For another: "Backing up a girl wasn't cool at all. They didn't want to do that. They wanted to be rock & rollers and have this sexual identity they get by being up onstage with their guitars."

The extreme example occurred in 1972, when she hired Glenn Frey and Don Henley, now Eagles. "I knew Glenn was a temporary thing," she said. "I knew he was going to be a star the minute I met him, he was such a hot shot. I loved him. When Glenn met Don, they wanted to form a band right away."
I wish more footage existed of them all touring in the early days. Those clips in the Showtime doc don't seem to be online, but there are a few on DailyMotion, post-Eagles formation, including this one--"Favorite Girl Singer"--no need to single out her gender, Glenn, it's the Women's Lib era:
ETA: I can't figure out how to embed a video here, so here's the link.

Anyone know of any other videos/images out there?

And, of course, this post wouldn't be complete without pics:

SOURCE

SOURCE

SOURCE

By the By--has anyone ever seen these images un-watermarked? When the Eagles performed with Linda and Jackson Browne, at that Jerry Brown event, maybe? I just love the smile on his face--and the plaid shirt!