Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don & Reba

that's cool. One more on my wish list.
    "You haven't lived till you've stood in the refrigerated section, staring at the frozen peas, listening to the Muzak version of Desperado coming over. That's when you know you've made it. "

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I guess I may be the lone dissenter here, but I'm not crazy about it. Don sounds wonderful, of course, but Reba is just WAY too country for my tastes.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I listened to the rest of the songs on the album and I agree with you, dreamer--Reba is too country for my taste, too. I just like that one song with Don.
    I must admit I got a little sidetracked, however, which happens to me almost every time I listen to Don sing. How can you not like lyrics like "It feels so good to let you hurt me one more time..."?

(I don't automatically like everything Don sings--his duet with Jerry Lee Lewis was awful. )

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    (I don't automatically like everything Don sings--his duet with Jerry Lee Lewis was awful. )
    I'm the same way DF. I'm not a fan of his duet with Jerry Lee Lewis either. I did pre-order Reba's duets cd.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Sadly......I don't even care how country Reba sounds. I just like to lay my head back, close my eyes, and let my imagination run wild as I listen to Don sing LOVE it!

On a side note, I also really like the duet with Rascal Flatts. Reba and Gary blend well together and I like the song too. I haven't listened to the rest yet, but maybe I should liste to JT's

rather than make another post, I figured I'd edit just to sa that I'm actually impressed. Justin did a really nice job harmonizing with Reba!

I like Reba. But if you're not into country, her twang might be too much for you. Unfortunately, my computer is not cooperating at the moment and I can't get this duet to play.

I love country PLS......so I don't mind Reba's "twang" at all. I just happen to focus on the second half of the song

Country's not my fave genre but I do like some country songs, and this is one of them. I love Don's vocal.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I love it!!!!

I am having a great time reading the reviews of this new CD. This one, from a Queensland, Australia paper, said:

CHECK OUT THIS TRACK: McEntire‘s hurricane of a voice might seem an odd match for Don Henley‘s ethereal tenor, but the two sound exquisite on "Break Each Other‘s Hearts Again," which sounds more like an Eagles cut than anything the country star has previously performed.