Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don & Reba

Stuck on the Border

I don't know if it is a single. It is a duet with Reba McIntire on her new album.

yeah, have been looking around on the internet. Read about the new album, single and the album of Reba, with all duets on it. And also I finally read about the 6 concerts with the Dixie chicks. Had not had time for all that before, although I'm back from my hollidays for a week now.

Had not had time for anything yet. Promised to translate 2 dutch articles, but that has been in the fridge too. I can't pre-order the album, and I'm not so happy about that. Like the single also, a bit country but all my favorite man are on it, so what the heck.
    "You haven't lived till you've stood in the refrigerated section, staring at the frozen peas, listening to the Muzak version of Desperado coming over. That's when you know you've made it. "

From Countryhound.com, posted 8-27/07:

REBA'S JAW-DROPPING DUET WITH DON HENLEY

Reba McEntire says that watching The Eagles' Don Henley in the recording studio was “history in the making.” The pair recorded “Break Each Others Hearts Again” for Reba’s upcoming album of duets, which also features Reba’s collaborations with Kelly Clarkson, Justin Timberlake, and Kenny Chesney, among others.

While Don Henley was at the top of her wish list when she started considering the artists she wanted to work with on the album, Reba says they took their time picking the right song to record. Once they had chosen the song, Reba says the results were “wonderful.”

“He sang it a couple of times, got right into his Don Henley mode, and we were all sitting around with our jaws dropping,” says Reba.

Reba adds that she's happy for Don's latest country-chart success with The Eagles. The band's new single "How Long" recently debuted at No. 44 on the country singles chart.

The Eagles’ upcoming album Long Road Out of Eden, is their first collection of new studio material in nearly 30 years and will be released in October. Reba Duets arrives in stores Sept. 18.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wouldn't you love to be around when he goes into "his Don Henley mode"?

I sure would! lol Thanks for posting!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Don Henley mode. That's funny.
    "You haven't lived till you've stood in the refrigerated section, staring at the frozen peas, listening to the Muzak version of Desperado coming over. That's when you know you've made it. "

Here's an expanded version of that Reba quote about singing with Don:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    30 August 2007-Reba McEntire on Don Henley Duet

Reba McEntire says she's always been a big fan of Don Henley and the Eagles, so she was thrilled to have a chance to sing with Don on her upcoming duets project.

The two agreed to record a new song called "Break Each Other's Hearts Again," and although everything went smoothly in the studio, Reba says the experience was different from Don's usual recording routine. "When he records, he goes in and the track is already done," she says. "They've worked on that, then he comes in and sings his part. Well, the band's all there, and we're singing together, and he said, 'Oh okay, well, all right, you're going to have to give me a little time! I'm not used to this!' "

Although Don wasn't expecting to be singing together with her live in the studio, Reba says he adapted quickly. "He sang it a couple of times, got right into his 'Don Henley' mode, and man, we were all sitting around with our jaws just dropped," she says. "He's just wonderful — a stylist, a wonderful singer, and great guy. It's history in the making right there, watching Don Henley sing. Not many people get to do that, watch him in the studio, so it was a dream come true."

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    I tell you what--I would LOVE to be one of those people who got to watch him sing in the studio.
    Jaw-dropping, indeed!

I love that Reba seems to be such a big fan. She'd fit right in here!

Oh my gosh, look what a site visitor found!!!

http://www.thatscountry.com/media-pl...t-4/index.html

Scroll down to the last song to hear the duet in full. SO HOT!!!

Their duet is fabulous.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Oooohh, love it!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten