Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Don & Reba

Don sounds fantastic! I can't wait to hear the entire song!

You know, I have been reading a lot of comments from Reba about Don lately, and I know that she is a superstar in her own right, but she sounds like she has a bit of a crush on him.

Don't you wonder how they go about picking the songs that they sing on these duet albums? Reba: "Hmmmm, do I want to sing a song with Don Henley about being in love and driving each other crazy?"

Uhh....YES.

lol! Who could blame her if she had a crush? Yes, I imagine there's a lot of women who would love to hear those words coming out of Don's lips.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I can't wait to hear the rest of the song!
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Okay - I gave it a listen, and honestly, I'm not too impressed. Don sounds amazing, of course. But, while I appreciate Reba's talent, she is just a little too country for my taste.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm not really a big fan of Reba either, but with Don I can handle most anything!

But really, I do like it! Don sounds great. IMO!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Wow! That little teaser was great! Their voices blend so beautifully. I love the way Don's voice sounds! I guess it also helps the I like Reba. lol I read an article one time where she was walking down the street with her son and someone asked for her autograph. Her son waited impatiently while she signed it and I guess he might have asked her why she did it because she told him something to the effect that it's the fans that let them have their house and all their nice things so when they ask for an autograph she needs to give it to them. I was impressed that she turned it into a life lesson instead of just commiserating with him.

That's very cool about Reba. She's always seemed pretty down to earth to me. That's one thing I love about country artists.........most of them don't act like they're all that and a bag of chips.

I found this article about Reba's new Duets album. I love the part about her playing host to Don and serving him Texas barbecue!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

REBA’S DUETS By M&C News Aug 15, 2007, 22:13 GMT

What do you do when you become an icon in country music? If you’re Reba McEntire, you find creative soul mates in 11 other amazing voices and produce a groundbreaking collection of music simply titled ‘Reba Duets.’

Or, as McEntire herself might describe it, you gather up some friends old and new, and have a party – oh, and make an amazing new album at the same time. “It was like a family reunion. It was just so much fun!” says the easygoing superstar. And the results? “Well, I’m just so tickled!” she says with her trademark Southern charm. “I can’t wait for everyone to hear it.”

‘Duets’ was a long time coming, says McEntire. From the beginning of the project, she was determined to land her dream list of duet partners. So in the summer of 2006, she started working the phones. “I started calling my buddies and figuring out if they could do it,” she says.

And the list of singers who showed up to match their voices to Reba’s signature sound – from Don Henley to Faith Hill and nine more superstars in between - reads like a Who’s Who of popular music. “I’m thrilled to death with the folks that came and did the project with me,” she says. “It’s a great eclectic group, and it was great to work with them and spend time with them, because they’re my friends.”

In true “Reba style,” she made sure she’d get a chance to host each and every artist on the album – primarily in her own Starstruck Studios in Nashville – when it came time to perform. “I’ve been a part of duet projects before where I’d never see the other artist,” she says. “This album, I wanted everyone there, live and in person, number one because they’re my friends and I got to hang out with them more, and number two I just think you get a better feel when you’re playing off of each other, singing. And it’s just more fun to me.”

The McEntire/Clarkson collaboration was only the beginning: there was Justin Timberlake, who stepped up with a song he and Matt Morris co-wrote expressly for McEntire. Timberlake offered up his vocal harmonies on “The Only Promise That Remains,” a simple, beautiful Celtic love song. And along the way, became the newest name on McEntire’s list of incredibly talented pals and a recipient of the down home hospitality this true Southern lady dished up at every recording session. “After recording with Justin,” she says, “we all went out to dinner and had a great time.

"For Don Henley, we had Texas barbecue there for him when we were recording. You have to be the hostess. You want them to be comfortable and you want it to be a great moment for everybody. If you feed ‘em and keep ‘em full, they’ll be happy! Or at least I was.”

“I hope people are going to be caught up in the moment of listening to this music,” says McEntire. “There’s a lot of love in this record, because I love these people that I get to sing with. And I think people are going to love it, too. I honestly do.”

wauw, so your telling me Don is bringing out a single? In september?
    I must be living somewhere in the bush. Didn't know that.

It's my birthday first of oktober....

Ow, realize it will be here later probably. Than my family has to order it, couse I want it.
    "You haven't lived till you've stood in the refrigerated section, staring at the frozen peas, listening to the Muzak version of Desperado coming over. That's when you know you've made it. "