Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greatest Moments In Eagles History Border Poll - Round 2

Stuck on the Border Grey Sadler's Avatar

Default Re: Greatest Moments In Eagles History Border Poll - Round 2

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised Timothy joining the band didn't make it to Round 2.
    I am too...I consider that a pivotal moment!!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised Timothy joining the band didn't make it to Round 2.
    I didn't have this on my list. Tho VERY important to me, I don't feel that it was a "defining" moment and that was how I made my list.

Like I said last round, I'm having trouble with separating the "greatest" and the "defining" moments for some reason. I think some of the "defining" moments changed the course of Eagles history and we wouldn't have the Eagles as we know them where some of the "greatest" moments didn't do that so much but meant a lot to us as fans. Does that make sense?

Will work on my list soon.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

1. 1971: Glenn Frey befriends Don Henley with a beer at the Troubadour with the idea of forming a band

2. 1972: Don Henley and Glenn Frey collaborate to write their first songs together

3. 1972: Take It Easy becomes the band’s first hit single

4. 1994: Eagles reunite after 14 years to tape an MTV concert and record Hell Freezes Over album

5. 1974: Eagles add an official fifth member, Don Felder, to help them achieve a rockier sound

6. 1976: Hotel California – the band’s fifth album is released

7. 1973: The disgruntled band abandons recording their third album under Glyn Johns and David Geffen and returns to America to hire a new producer, Bill Szymczyk and manager, Irving Azoff

8. 1998: Eagles are inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in their first year of eligibility, which is the only time all seven band members have appeared on the same stage together

9. 1999: Eagles are named as the Artist of the Century and Their Greatest Hits: 1971 -1975 is certified as the all-time best-selling album by the RIAA

10. 1971: Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Bernie Leadon, and Randy Meisner perform together for the first time as a backup band for Linda Ronstadt
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Out on the Border

4. 1972: Take It Easy becomes the band’s first hit single

5. 1972: Don Henley and Glenn Frey collaborate to write their first songs together

1. 1971: Glenn Frey befriends Don Henley with a beer at the Troubadour with the idea of forming a band

12. 1999: Eagles are named as the Artist of the Century and Their Greatest Hits: 1971 -1975 is certified as the all-time best-selling album by the RIAA

9. 1976: Hotel California – the band’s fifth album is released

6. 1973: The disgruntled band abandons recording their third album under Glyn Johns and David Geffen and returns to America to hire a new producer, Bill Szymczyk and manager, Irving Azoff

10. 1994: Eagles reunite after 14 years to tape an MTV concert and record Hell Freezes Over album

3. 1972: Eagles – the band’s self-titled first album is released

2. 1971: Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Bernie Leadon, and Randy Meisner perform together for the first time as a backup band for Linda Ronstadt

8. 1975: Joe Walsh replaces Bernie Leadon to complete their transition from a country rock to a rock and roll band

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Ok, this time I'm posting my list before I read anyone elses!

2. 1971: Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Bernie Leadon, and Randy Meisner perform together for the first time as a backup band for Linda Ronstadt

3. 1972: Eagles – the band’s self-titled first album is released

4. 1972: Take It Easy becomes the band’s first hit single

5. 1972: Don Henley and Glenn Frey collaborate to write their first songs together

6. 1974: Eagles add an official fifth member, Don Felder, to help them achieve a rockier sound

7. 1975: Joe Walsh replaces Bernie Leadon to complete their transition from a country rock to a rock and roll band

8. 1976: Hotel California – the band’s fifth album is released

9. 1994: Eagles reunite after 14 years to tape an MTV concert and record Hell Freezes Over album

10. 1999: Eagles are named as the Artist of the Century and Their Greatest Hits: 1971 -1975 is certified as the all-time best-selling album by the RIAA

Very, very hard to pick out two of those to leave out. I guess these are what's most important to me.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

I've noticed some of these lists are in chronological order. I thought the idea was to rank them in terms of importance which would not necessarily mean chronologically. Maybe that could be emphasised for the next round.

Border Troubadour prayfordaylight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I've noticed some of these lists are in chronological order. I thought the idea was to rank them in terms of importance which would not necessarily mean chronologically. Maybe that could be emphasised for the next round.
    Some of us rank earlier moments before later ones because the later ones wouldn't have happened otherwise. If Glenn doesn't befriend Don, there's no band and who knows what would've happened if they never started collaborating on songs?
    -Ali

You can see the stars and still not see the light.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

REMINDER:

Everyone has until this Friday, 3/22 at 8:00 p.m. EST to post their list for Round 2.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by prayfordaylight View Post
    Some of us rank earlier moments before later ones because the later ones wouldn't have happened otherwise. If Glenn doesn't befriend Don, there's no band and who knows what would've happened if they never started collaborating on songs?
    You hit the nail on the head there, pfd!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Is this like Survivor? Does something get eliminated each round?