Page 81 of 113 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the weather?

Border Troubadour

Default Re: How's the weather?

Warmest September day since 1905 in the UK today and I'm currently sat in my bedroom watching the biggest thunderstorm I've seen in years

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    Warmest September day since 1905 in the UK today and I'm currently sat in my bedroom watching the biggest thunderstorm I've seen in years
    Oh no! If you have a thunderstorm in Brum, then it's going to be here soon. And I bet I have to cycle home in it without a raincoat, as I don't have one here.

.... checks MetOffice rainfall radar.

Phew! It's past Brum now, and looks like it's going north of Leicester. Not good for those in Derby and Nottingham, but c'est la vie.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastresort View Post
    As long as everyone remains safe, I enjoy a rockin' thunderstorm!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    Oh no! If you have a thunderstorm in Brum, then it's going to be here soon. And I bet I have to cycle home in it without a raincoat, as I don't have one here.

.... checks MetOffice rainfall radar.

Phew! It's past Brum now, and looks like it's going north of Leicester. Not good for those in Derby and Nottingham, but c'est la vie.
    Ah, I should have added, I'm back home in Lancashire currently, I've no idea what Birmi looks like! I'm presuming if there's a storm it's up here then the East Midlands won't see a lot of the same one. To be if Derby did get submerged it improve it.

It was about 25 degrees here at midday, it's currently grayer than I've seen it years, the rain's pouring and thunder rolling every minute or so.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by LuvTim View Post
    As long as everyone remains safe, I enjoy a rockin' thunderstorm!
    Indeed, I love them too, it's just a bit depressing that today was meant to be the final proper day of summer before we have six months of short days, rain, snow, hail and being absolutely freezing!

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

Wasn't quite as bad here yesterday, there was no thunder and the day started quite nicely but conditions were dreadful in the early afternoon. If I go to the sea front by where I live you can see the coast of traditional Lancashire so the horrendous weather wasn't too far away. I was shocked to see that Manchester City's Champions League match had to be postponed - very rare for that to happen to a top-flight team, even less so in September and for a club with such a modern and well equipped stadium, just goes to show bad it was.

I don't care if Derby goes underwater, although Nottingham getting submerged any time soon would be problematic for me to say the least!

I now feel kind of guilty in saying that the weather is absolutely gorgeous weather here today, very warm and sunny. I'm trying to enjoy it as I suspect as tlr alludes to it will be a long time until I see anything like it again...

Cold nights warm days here in the Rocky Mountains. It's been down to freezing and below, but my plants are still good. Snow on some ski areas and higher elevations. But the days are glorious fall, the trees are turning and it warms to above 70. In fact, friday it will be 79. Have to love fall. We did not get a whole lot of hot summer. We had some hot days, but then it rained, which was great for there were forest fires. Sort of a odd year.

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

DJ, sounds beautiful there! What state are you in? My sister and family are heading to Colorado elk hunting this weekend.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I live in Connecticut we get all 4 seasons. Fall and Winter are my favorite times. I am eagerly awaiting it.

Right now sitting in my school's library in my free and currently its 64 degrees.

In Two weeks it should be in the 70s whoo. Today I actually got to wear jeans for the first time since Apirl.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

We have all four season here, too. Summer and winter tend to drag on and I'm always ready for whatever is next.

Right now it's supposed to be cooler with highs about 80, but the humidity is not cooperating. I had to turn the ac back on at home yesterday just to dry things out.

My husband is off bear hunting in the upper peninsula of Michigan and it's in the 60's during the day there and 40's at night. Brrrr!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten