Page 77 of 113 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast

Thread: How's the weather?

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: How's the weather?

We cooled off over the weekend and set record low high temps! It was 58 F Saturday and 60 F Sunday. We actually turned the furnace on when we got home from church just to take the chill off! Unbelievable for July here in Missouri! It warmed up for the 4th to around 80 and the ac came back on! Around 90 now the rest of the week and the lovely humidity.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlreadyGone95 View Post
    Lol. I assumed that everyone could figure out that I meant Fahrenheit. Isn't 100 C the boiling point of water (212 F)? While it's not that hot, the old joke about being able to fry an egg on the sidewalk is true.

UtW, 80 is actually comfortable here. (That's close to being the low temps at night.) We start to call it hot around 95 and up. Plus, the humidity and heat index makes it worse. 100 F here will feel 110 F at least. My family calls it "roasting" weather.
    I grew up in a metric country. I still don't understand bodyweight in pounds and when I was dieting I confused everyone in my weight loss online group by always giving my weight in KG. All I know about Fahrenheit is that for swimming 60degrees F is the crossover between needing a wetsuit and not needing one.

Stuck on the Border

I must be a few years older than you. I had the fun of learning both systems. Even for A level maths, the teacher liked to take examples from her old books so I learned acceleration due to gravity was 32 ft/s.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I must be a few years older than you. I had the fun of learning both systems. Even for A level maths, the teacher liked to take examples from her old books so I learned acceleration due to gravity was 32 ft/s.
    I'm originally from New Zealand.

Rain and tstorms here this morning. We'll take all the rain we can get. We're over 8 inches behind for the year.

Right now it's 99 degrees Fahrenheit, 37 degrees Celsius.
    Heat index is 108 degrees Fahrenheit, 42 degrees Celsius.

Bet it makes it to 100?

Hot fun in the summertime!

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Mid 90s F. It seems that because of the hot, humid weather, a thunderstorm pops up every afternoon, so it's somewhat wet here.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Yes, we just had one! And already got about 4 inches in the last 3 days!

Stuck on the Border

I can't imagine coping with temperatures above 80 F. How do you get anything done?

Here, daytime temperature are in the mid 60s F with a few showers of rain and a glimpse of sun. It doesn't make much difference to me as I'm shut indoors with the windows closed. The grass pollen count is very high and I'm not risking the great outdoors. I'm so thankful for corticosteroids which make life bearable. My son came home from London a couple of days ago and was unprepared - and he's now bunged up and miserable. Generally, I like our temperate climate and that the grass stays green all year round, but this is the downside.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I can't imagine coping with temperatures above 80 F. How do you get anything done?

Here, daytime temperature are in the mid 60s F with a few showers of rain and a glimpse of sun. It doesn't make much difference to me as I'm shut indoors with the windows closed. The grass pollen count is very high and I'm not risking the great outdoors. I'm so thankful for corticosteroids which make life bearable. My son came home from London a couple of days ago and was unprepared - and he's now bunged up and miserable. Generally, I like our temperate climate and that the grass stays green all year round, but this is the downside.
    I've learned to just deal with it. I don't like it, but I've been exposed to this weather all of my life. Stay hydrated, be mindful of the sun and what you eat, and take breaks if/when needed when working outside. The quicker you do something, the better, and do things early in the morning or late in the evening.

Pollen is a pain to deal with. Most people here suffer in the springtime, it deal with it year-round, due other allergies that aren't pollen related. I feel for you and your son.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time