Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Documentary Trailer and Previews

Default Re: Eagles Documentary DVD

Aw, I really enjoyed that little interview with Don! It's interesting to imagine how this process must have been for them... as he says, cathartic in a sense, and also painful. Most people don't have the ability to go back forty years and look at all sorts of intimate footage from the best and worst parts of their lives. It must be a strange experience!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    OK. Then they should have worded it more clearly.
    My guess is that either Don passed up opportunities to mention Felder's name in a noticeable way, or the reporter is being melodramatic.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    My guess is that either Don passed up opportunities to mention Felder's name in a noticeable way, or the reporter is being melodramatic.
    It's typical journalism...focus on the 'sound bite' that sells the article. Exaggerate, outright lie, or downplay the boring stuff.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    Aw, I really enjoyed that little interview with Don! It's interesting to imagine how this process must have been for them... as he says, cathartic in a sense, and also painful. Most people don't have the ability to go back forty years and look at all sorts of intimate footage from the best and worst parts of their lives. It must be a strange experience!
    Seriously... although I think it also seems to have given them a renewed joy and pride in their work, seeing how far they've come. I mean, Glenn is even talking about new music now!!! I think it might have shaken them out of complacency and the temptation to "rest on one's laurels."

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Thanks - I love all the press they are doing for the premiere!
    I was thinking the same thing. And wasn't there those here who doubted they'd even show up.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Yep! So much for that! I'm currently scanning YouTube periodically to see if any red carpet interviews were put up. So far no luck.

BTW, for those curious about the quote being discussed on the prior page, it's from this article: "There’s nothing held back. The feuds and ego clashes that dogged the Eagles for years are shown without filters, including the B-track audio of a legendary onstage fight at a Long Beach, Calif., between Frey and former member Don Felder that escalates to serious threats. To this day, Henley can’t—or won’t—say his name."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    ITA with everything you said here, Troub. I can't imagine going back and reliving my younger days on film like that. But, then again, I guess the guys are used to being under a microscope a lot more than me. lol However, the experience still must have been uncomfortable and satisfying all at the same time for them. As Soda said, hopefully, they have been inspired to forge on.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

This may belong elsewhere but this seems a good place to start. This just popped up on my FB page about 25 minutes ago....

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...dance-20130120

(Apologies if someone has already put it up here somewhere)
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    Finally watched the trailer! I had to let it run through once and then go back and watch because it stuck every second.

Cute pic of Don here. Look at those blue eyes! I can't help but love this jacket! Plaid of course! You haven't changed a bit, Don!

Thanks for all the caps VA! Thanks for working so diligently on that one too! You go, girl!

And what can I say that you all haven't already said!

It's gonna be AWESOME!

I can't wait!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

BTW, for those curious about the quote being discussed on the prior page, it's from this article: "There’s nothing held back. The feuds and ego clashes that dogged the Eagles for years are shown without filters, including the B-track audio of a legendary onstage fight at a Long Beach, Calif., between Frey and former member Don Felder that escalates to serious threats. To this day, Henley can’t—or won’t—say his name."
    Looks like Don can say Felder's name after all. From the Salt Lake City Tribune:
    "Another question focused on the three former members of the band, who were all interviewed and shown in the film. Frey said he still liked Bernie Leadon and Randy Meisner, but then stopped. Apparently he still doesn't like Don Felder. Henley added that he hasn't talked to Felder -- only Felder's lawyer."
    I guess it's going to be a long, long time before Glenn and Don are able to forgive Felder.... if they ever do.