Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles Documentary - Pre-Release Anticipation

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Eagles Documentary - Pre-Release Anticipation

We've discussed this in the individual threads, as all four have talked about this in interviews. I thought maybe it was time to put it all in one thread.

What we know is that it will be a two DVD set directed by Alex Gibney. This link is Wiki's for Alex: http://www.ask.com/wiki/Alex_Gibney. He's won an Academy Award for Taxi To The Dark Side, and has been nominated and short-listed for others.

Glenn has said many times that the first DVD will cover 1970 through 1980, and the second from 1994 to the present. If it's really 1970, then we'll get some 'pre-Eagles' background. I know I'm looking forward to the whole and especially this. So many books have been written about these guys and we've seen the errors in them which makes everything suspect as far as I'm concerned. So it'll be interesting to see what they put out there.

They have all said it'll be for Christmas or the end of the year. Yesterday, Glenn said he doesn't know how it'll play out, it'll be available for 2013, but it might go to theaters or TV first. Then come out on DVD. How cool would that be?
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Default Re: Eagles Documentary DVD

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    They have all said it'll be for Christmas or the end of the year. Yesterday, Glenn said he doesn't know how it'll play out, it'll be available for 2013, but it might go to theaters or TV first. Then come out on DVD. How cool would that be?
    I just now finished listening to that interview & was surprised when he mentioned theatres or TV! Exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    I just now finished listening to that interview & was surprised when he mentioned theatres or TV! Exciting!
    very very exciting!! although I was hoping to have it in my hot little hands at Christmas!!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Yes, it would make sense to release it for the Christmas market in terms of sales! I was kinda banking on Santa to drop one in my stocking, but the idea of it broadcast first is tantalising to say the least!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Individually they've said they've seen the footage that was unearthed. I wonder if any of them have seen how Mr. Gibney intends to put it together and what they think of it.
    VK

This is so something to look forward to in the NY. The archival footage should be very interesting! Wow, Eagles memories on film from the beginning but man, what a job putting all that together!

I'm so glad the guys have a lot of say here, I heard of a paperback book released several years ago (the name escapes me right now) and this DVD will dispel any inaccuracies from past publications (as someone else here said). I'm really looking forward to finding out the real facts.
    I See what You see...

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Selfishly, I want it to come out in DVD form right away and have it in my stocking for Christmas. BUT, can you just imagine it on the BIG SCREEN?!?!? How awesome would that be?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Selfishly, I want it to come out in DVD form right away and have it in my stocking for Christmas. BUT, can you just imagine it on the BIG SCREEN?!?!? How awesome would that be?
    I agree, TBF. I can't wait to get it so I can play it over & over, but I am imagining our guys on a movie theatre screen

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I'm thinking IMAX/3D.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I'm thinking IMAX/3D.
    I'd never leave the theater.
    VK