Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from NYC!

Default Hello from NYC!

Hi Everyone-

I'm new here, but registered a few weeks ago and have been enjoying reading through the threads and everyone's opinions, particularly on the documentary, which I absolutely loved.

I've been a fan since 1975 when my older brother introduced me to the band. Used my birthday money when I turned 13 to buy my first ever album; their Greatest Hits, which had just come out I saw them for the first time in New Haven in 1979 and then again at the Yale Bowl in 1980, right before they broke up. And then have seen several shows since they got back together, along with some Don solo shows in the early 90's.

I have not followed them like I used to in the last several years, but I have to say, seeing the documentary brought it all back to me how much I loved their music and I've been listening to the albums non-stop for the last few weeks. I look forward to all of your insights into the band, and have had a lot of fun going down memory lane with all the screen shots from the documentary. Thanks for taking the time to post those!

I hope to see them again if/when they tour, as it's been far too long. Somehow I completely missed that they were playing at the Beacon in November and I still can't believe I didn't know about it. I found out about it a few days after it happened. My only excuse is that I was still just settling back into my apartment after all that happened with Sandy and things were a bit crazy at work as well, since our office had also been closed for a while after the storm.

Looking forward to being a part of the board!

Erin

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: Hello from NYC!

NYC Fan, welcome to The Border!! I'm glad you found us and I look forward to hearing your perspective on things!!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Welcome!

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Welcome from me too -- another New Yorker. The show at the Beacon was a benefit for NYU and not very well publicized in the NY press.

Welcome, Erin! Glad to have you! Hopefully they will tour this fall and you'll be able to catch them then.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Welcome, Erin !!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Welcome from me as well, Erin. Glad you found us and hope you like it here on The Border. If you want to talk about the Eagles, you've come to a great place. Enjoy!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Welcome Erin Glad to see another New Yorker.Seems like a lot of NY people have been joining lately. I was lucky enough to get to that show at the Beacon Theatre in Nov. It was a shorter show than usual but always glad to see the guys Have fun here at the Border

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

welcome erin....
    I am from the great state of PA. I am a fellow EAGLES lover and the better half of JAHH....enjoy your time here with us.

Thanks all!

Good to be here. I like what I've been reading on the threads so far. People seem respectful of other's opinions, even if they disagree, which is nice. Looking forward to hopefully contributing some opinions! I found the documentary to be fascinating and have really enjoyed reading that thread. I'll try to post some thoughts on there. I particularly enjoyed some of the Glenn interviews and the stuff about him and Bob Seger, after seeing that great interview he did with Tavis Smiley last Summer. I lived in Michagan as a kid, and Bob was like a God there. I had no idea that he was such a mentor to Glenn. Very cool, indeed.

Lucky you Topkat to have been at that Beacon show! I saw Glen Hansard there last Spring and have seen many shows there. I just can't imagine seeing the Eagles there. It must have been amazing to see them in such a small venue.

Erin