Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Eagles "Yoko"

Default The Eagles "Yoko"

Here is an idea for a thread not sure if it was ever covered here before.

The beatles have yoko and linda as identifiable beatle females. Nirvana had cortney love. But what about the Eagles. Which woman if any would the title of Eagle lady #1?

I cant think of any besides leadons girlfriend Patty davis, ronald reagans daughter, that cowrote and caused turmoil with i wish you peace.

Being that this is a forum mostly populated by Eagletts, what do you think. Is Patty Davis the most Recognizable Eagle female? Maybe Linda Rondstat? But she was more from the outside. Somebody else?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: The Eagles "Yoko"

Well - I don't know if the Eagles have a "Yoko" other than Patti Davis if you are talking about a woman who caused a riff or disention in the band. But, if you are talking about just high-profile women, I would say that Linda Ronstadt and Stevie Nicks are the first ones that come to my mind. Stevie dated Don during the 70's. Then, although the band was on their 14-year vacation at the time, she dated Joe in the 80's.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Well - I don't know if the Eagles have a "Yoko" other than Patti Davis if you are talking about a woman who caused a riff or disention in the band. But, if you are talking about just high-profile women, I would say that Linda Ronstadt and Stevie Nicks are the first ones that come to my mind. Stevie dated Don during the 70's. Then, although the band was on their 14-year vacation at the time, she dated Joe in the 80's.
    oh I didn't realize Stevie dated Don too...hmmm

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

OOh yeah...

I don't think the Eagles have a Yoko. I think they kept the female relationships pretty much out of the band business, as it should be.
    Yoko, was kind of an exceptional case because she was such a huge influence on John Lennon. She really seemed to have a lot of power over him, & she really changed him & his life.

The women that dated or married the Eagles are hardly even a mention anywhere & after seeing the dvd they didn't seem to let any women interfere with whatever was going on with them....Even Stevie, although she dated both Don & Joe, she had little to do with the bands inner workings...I mean, she had her own band to worry about & all the drama that went on in Fleetwood Mac must have been enough for her!

I'm glad to know that there really isn't an Eagles "Yoko"

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I don't think the Eagles have a Yoko. I think they kept the female relationships pretty much out of the band business, as it should be.
    Yoko, was kind of an exceptional case because she was such a huge influence on John Lennon. She really seemed to have a lot of power over him, & she really changed him & his life.

The women that dated or married the Eagles are hardly even a mention anywhere & after seeing the dvd they didn't seem to let any women interfere with whatever was going on with them....Even Stevie, although she dated both Don & Joe, she had little to do with the bands inner workings...I mean, she had her own band to worry about & all the drama that went on in Fleetwood Mac must have been enough for her!
    I agree, I think Yoko really did break up the Beatles because she had so much control over Lennon. No member of the Eagles gave his girlfriend or wife that kind of power.
    ~Sara

Yes, it's an interesting question but I think Yoko really was quite a special case!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    Here is an idea for a thread not sure if it was ever covered here before.

The beatles have yoko and linda as identifiable beatle females. Nirvana had cortney love. But what about the Eagles. Which woman if any would the title of Eagle lady #1?

I cant think of any besides leadons girlfriend Patty davis, ronald reagans daughter, that cowrote and caused turmoil with i wish you peace.

Being that this is a forum mostly populated by Eagletts, what do you think. Is Patty Davis the most Recognizable Eagle female? Maybe Linda Rondstat? But she was more from the outside. Somebody else?
    Well, if you're going for recognizability in terms of fame, I think Stevie Nicks is the biggest name any of the Eagles ever scored with - that we know of! Glenn also had a brief romance with Joni Mitchell.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    Yes, it's an interesting question but I think Yoko really was quite a special case!
    The thread title isnt exactly what I meant by the question, thats why I put YOKO in quotes.

I meant basically....What is the most associated woman with the Eagles...I think thats where I was heading. Wasnt necessarilly intented to be Yoko thing, but when you ask, what woman associates with the word Beatles..you think Yoko...so what about the Eagles?