Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Never before seen EAGLES photos!

Default Re: My Never before seen EAGLES photos!

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    First...welcome to the Border OM...glad to have you!

The pics are great...I must show my sister the one of Joe...she loves him when he's being silly...She'll love this one

I understand you're being miffed about the camera...Henley himself scolded the audience in Atlantic City about filming...I put my camera away after taking only one photo...I think he meant video but I wasn't taking any chances...not a fun thing being scolded by the man himself...

can't wait to see more...
    When was this the other day when he played AC?

What did he say? You know, nowadays I can almost understand when they complain. I went to see Cake a few weeks ago in NYC and the singer didnt care that people filmed BUT he did make a good point, he said "Why dont you folks live the moment and not watch this through an Iphone screen" which makes sense. Lots of times I think that way when I am somewhere and suddenly I realize Im lookin at a screen instead of watching the actual event. Though I think Photos are a little different you dont have to stare at the device like when making a video.

Did Henley complain about that or did he just not want people taking for for copyright reasons?

I just looked up his AC show from a couple weeks ago and here in this clip he is in the middle of OOTN's when he looks at someone and gives them a No sign...I wonder if someone was filming and he didnt like it...

http://youtu.be/yfJF9PcT3GQ?t=2m19s

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawManNJ View Post
    When was this the other day when he played AC?

What did he say? You know, nowadays I can almost understand when they complain. I went to see Cake a few weeks ago in NYC and the singer didnt care that people filmed BUT he did make a good point, he said "Why dont you folks live the moment and not watch this through an Iphone screen" which makes sense. Lots of times I think that way when I am somewhere and suddenly I realize Im lookin at a screen instead of watching the actual event. Though I think Photos are a little different you dont have to stare at the device like when making a video.

Did Henley complain about that or did he just not want people taking for for copyright reasons?
    No, Don scolded someone for filming when they were in AC in September. He's right, it is a copyright violation to video record. I take umbrage with the picture thing however. I believe I have the right to take photos for my own pleasure as a souvenir. He said nothing when he was there earlier this month. But there was an announcement that it was his wish that no photos or video was taken before he came on.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

OM, thank you so much for sharing your photos! They are fabulous! That was some quick thinking on your part to give him different film than was in your camera. Hope to see the rest!

I don't get why they are so adament about the no pictures policy. These days everyone has a phone that takes pictures and there is no way they can stop it completely. But I agree about 'watching' the show. It is very distracting to take a lot of pics. A couple are good for me if I can get decent ones.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks, OM. I love that one of Don - he really looks so young and handsome! Great pics.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I was at the Atlantic City Eagles show & they were all over us. The minute I took my camera out, someone came running over to tell me to put it away. This was especially in the front row.
    There was a girl that kept trying to sneak into the front row every time Joe was doing a song, & these guys just came & dragged her out. Then Don did make a comment like, Don't film me to someone up front.

Great picture of Don. Thanks

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I was at the Atlantic City Eagles show & they were all over us. The minute I took my camera out, someone came running over to tell me to put it away. This was especially in the front row.
    There was a girl that kept trying to sneak into the front row every time Joe was doing a song, & these guys just came & dragged her out. Then Don did make a comment like, Don't film me to someone up front.

Great picture of Don. Thanks
    Oddly enough, this isn't what you said that night or in your review of the show. You said you were asked not to use flash and since you didn't know how to turn your flash off, you didn't take any more pictures. You said nothing about them running over to you the minute you took your camera out.

The request from Don for no filming (that was ambiguous as to whether it meant photos as well) was the first night (not the night you were there). The second night I sat in the front row, dead center, right in front of Glenn and then Don when he was out front, and had no problems taking pictures. Glenn made a comment to the woman beside HH in the front who was obviously filming Lyin' Eyes during the second show.

As for the chick who came to the front every time Joe sang, they do that at every arena as far as I know when no stage rushes are allowed. If you don't have a front row seat, you don't get to be in the front row.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thank you for sharing your pics and your story OM and welcome to the border from me too.

Any pics of Glenn ?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Thank you for sharing your pics and your story OM and welcome to the border from me too.

Any pics of Glenn ?
    Thanks, yes I have at least 1 of each member alone and then a few whole band shots. I don't have the Glenn one digitized yet but will post when I do.

OK one more exclusive photo.....this is one of the whole band. As you can see in this shot and others and also in the new film, there were lots of cameras on stage that night, so they must have this show on video or film. Wish they would release it.

[quote]I
    agree with you PM, They should have just had someone announce, "
    NO FILMING or FLASH, or your camera will be taken away until the show is over"
    I think that would have gotten the point across, without Don having to announce that. I'm glad that I wasn't there that night, because I would have been turned off by Don making comments like that. He said nothing on Sun night. Only a few dared to video, like that one woman in the front row, & when my flash went off, a security guy came over to me & I went no further.
    I didn't know how to turn off my flash. End of story! I actually enjoy the show a lot more when I am not taking pictures or video. You can really enjoy the moment & be there without worrying about the camera.
    I did notice Glenn make that statement Sun night but I didn't let it ruin the song for me.

Welcome darwene. It was nice to meet you! I didn't get to talk to you that much. I think I was in my own little world after the show!!