Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Never before seen EAGLES photos!

Default My Never before seen EAGLES photos!

So here is the Story of my drama at an Eagles concert in 94.

The story is about me at Giants stadium in 94 during the Hell Freezes Over Tour and the only 12 photographs I managed to take. I was a huge Eagles fan and went to that 94 show and had a camera on me like most people. The difference was that my camera was a little nicer than most of the point and shoots people had on them. At the time I was starting to get interested in Photography and in particular concert photography. So I made it a custom to take my film camera to any show I could. It was a 35mm camera with a zoom lens. Today I am a Pro photographer so I did stick with it!

Anyway I had waited my entire life to see them play and was very excited. I had no problem getting in the Stadium with the camera. The person at the gate saw it and let me in. This is the same show featured in the opening of Part 2 of the new Eagles Film.

I had great tickets for a stadium show, 12th row on the floor slightly to Walsh's side of the stage. I was right up there.

As they came on and opened with Hotel california I took a few shots like many people around me and put the camera down. For the next 2 or 3 songs I would take a shot or 2. After 12 shots somewhere into the 3rd or 4th song suddenly an Eagles security guy shows up in the middle of a song and tells me no photos. So I say ok and proceed to put the camera away. But he then says "give me the film". I said "why?? Other people are taking photos and you are not stopping them but you want my film??" He insisted and said give me the film or get kicked out! All this while the Eagles sing just some feet away. I tried to talk him out of it telling him I was a big fan and would feel like he was taking a part of me if he took my photos but he stood his ground:

"You have 5 seconds to give me the film or be kicked out"

I really didnt want to give him my film so I did some quick thinking and gave him a roll of shots from the parking lot and he finally left. After settling down I took the film out of the camera and hid it just in case he came back and then enjoyed the rest of the show. But my immediate thought was these guys are making millions upon millions and they hound their fans because of some photos? Even worse threaten to kick them out if they dont hand over personal property! I was pissed and never forgot that. I know it wasnt Frey or Henley themselves that walked off stage to grab my film but I always felt that it was something they approved (if thats true or not I don't know). It did leave a little bad taste in my mouth but i still love the band and music and was thrilled waching the new film which is what led me to this forum.

Here is the 10th frame of the 12 I shot that night. Joe Walsh wearing a baloon hat! As mentioned before I was about 12 rows back on the floor center-right. I will post more in this thread as we go along...one at a time.

I've never shown then until now.

Last edited by OutlawManNJ; 02-19-2013 at 01:51 AM.

Default Re: My Never before seen EAGLES photos!

lol! Cute!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Nice shot, but we need to see the rest, please!

Right now I only have 3 of the 12 Digitized. So here is another. This is the 6th shot of 12 I took that night. I know the band opened with Hotel California...but Im not sure what the next few songs were. This was probably the 2nd or 3rd song of the night.

They look so young! Beautiful photos!

Border Desperado RebeccaLovesEagles's Avatar

I love the pictures Joe looks good in balloons and Don looks good in anything but suspenders lol

You know you have some delicious bugs here about on the Mississippi... Extra Protein thank you very much!!!!-Don Henley- At the St. Louis, MO concert June 2010.

Nice! Thanks!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Those are great, OM! Looking forward to seeing the others!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Those are great pictures, OM. Thanks for sharing them with us. So glad you quick to think of giving the security guy the other roll of film!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

First...welcome to the Border OM...glad to have you!

The pics are great...I must show my sister the one of Joe...she loves him when he's being silly...She'll love this one

I understand you're being miffed about the camera...Henley himself scolded the audience in Atlantic City about filming...I put my camera away after taking only one photo...I think he meant video but I wasn't taking any chances...not a fun thing being scolded by the man himself...

can't wait to see more...