Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on board conflict

Default Re: Thoughts on Felder discussions

I don't think anyone here needs to be "banned". That should only be for threats or really foul language....Then I could see banning someone from a board.
    We are all passionate about our guys, so sometimes things may seem a bit heated. Maybe we feel the need to defend our views....I know sometimes my feelings may be hurt about some stuff, but I try to let it go.

I think we get along pretty well on this board. I have not been on many boards, but I have seen some ugly stuff on other forums that I felt I did not want to be a part of. I think this is a really great group & I hope we can try to be kind to each other & still get our points across & try not to hurt each others feelings! Peace Out!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Debutante View Post
    I typically don't visit this forum but I saw the Felder title and thought I might need to throw my two cents in, only to see we're not really talking about Felder which perhaps is for the best as maybe there are people who would say I have been rude to them when I was defending Don ~ Don Henley, that is ~ even though I didn't mean to be.

Anyway I know I'm new but to me this place is mellow compared to some other boards I have been a member of. I've been to places where there is constant negativity, when there is any activity at all, and the administrators played favorites so much that even if you were their friend you couldn't help but notice how bad it was. I don't see that here.

I hate it when admins start coming down on people, issuing strikes and deleting people all over the place, because everyone starts to feel like if they make a wrong move they'll be next. I understand there are people who have to be banned if they are really bad but being banned if someone complains about you being rude... well I know one board I used to be on pretty much died after the admins got a reputation for banning people they didn't like.

From my short time posting here only two people have been rude to me and the rest have been very nice. Those are good odds.
    HD, I really have to apologise to you here. I was rude to you. As an moderator I should have known better. I should have known better, full stop. Your opinions & views are as valid as mine. Like everyone else, I have no desire to argue with anyone. I express myself too forcefully on occasion & as some genius once said I need to lighten up. I extend this apology to anyone else I may have offended.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Wow go to the movies and not check in before bed and you miss a lot around here..lol

Frypower...very nice post with very valid points.THank you

GREYSADler...you always make me smile and your posts in this thread are very valid. I like what you said about"liking you all but not always liking some things you do ."(paraphrasing here). SO thank you too(hug is cause you always send it to me when I need it so...thanks)

VA-I agree...written word is tough sometimes when you dont have someones facial expression or body language to gear the written word along with it.

Soda- I think you have creatied a wonderful place to be---a place where we all love this band in one way shape form or another and have a safe place to gather info and expresss opinions...thank you

ALl the above being said...I am a terrible typist but worse a bad speller..so sorry in advance you all...Somone mentioned in this thread something about some people just being ones to start things...Where I work...we have some people who choose to "get their big sticks out and contantly stir up trouble to make themselves look better" . As I have said to a supervisor..."I dont play that game..." If I take away the stick..there is nothing to use to stir up the trouble. I think there is no need to "stir up issues" here...it never struck me as the place to do it..We all need to feel safe to express our opinions without hurting anyone elses .

It has Never been my intent and if I ever did it to anyone...i am sorry.
    Never was my intent..
    I just love this place cause it keeps me in the loop and there are so many cool pictures of "hot " guys...lol
    with that , I'll spell check again.

Thanks for your comments, everybody. The moderators and I want to assure everyone that we are listening to your concerns and we are considering how to best address them in order to make peoples' experience here as good as it can be. We will do what we can, but we also ask all members to consider these comments and attempt to police yourself so that all of us are treating everyone in the community with respect.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Soooo, how about that Felder?

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanny Twisted View Post
    people who choose to "get their big sticks out and contantly stir up trouble to make themselves look better" .
    I've never heard that before but I love it!! It made me laugh.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    HD, I really have to apologise to you here. I was rude to you. As an moderator I should have known better. I should have known better, full stop. Your opinions & views are as valid as mine. Like everyone else, I have no desire to argue with anyone. I express myself too forcefully on occasion & as some genius once said I need to lighten up. I extend this apology to anyone else I may have offended.
    Thanks, that's very nice of you. Sorry if I came off as confrontational.
    ~Sara

Quote Originally Posted by lizzyplays View Post
    Soooo, how about that Felder?
    If you want to talk about Felder's book, I'd suggest you head to the Heaven and Hell thread. I think I'll move this thread because it doesn't really deal with Felder so much as generalized perceptions of the board and member behavior, although I might need to change the thread name so as to avoid confusion - maybe "Thoughts on board conflict" or something to that effect. If you just want to praise Felder in general, I suggest you start a new thread that focuses on that from the beginning.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    I've never heard that before but I love it!! It made me laugh.
    thanks glad it made you laugh..

i cleaned it up for the board.. some people like to stir up __ ___ ___ ___
    fill in he blanks.lol

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    If you want to talk about Felder's book, I'd suggest you head to the Heaven and Hell thread. I think I'll move this thread because it doesn't really deal with Felder so much as generalized perceptions of the board and member behavior, although I might need to change the thread name so as to avoid confusion - maybe "Thoughts on board conflict" or something to that effect. If you just want to praise Felder in general, I suggest you start a new thread that focuses on that from the beginning.
    That comment was a joke. I thought the emoticons made that clear. Moving the thread and changing the name is perfectly fine with me. The only person I wanted to praise was VA for being able to have a civil conversation and debate with me about something we didn't necessarily agree on.

My mind is Tiffany twisted