I noticed that this is trending on Twitter today and I found myself giving it some thought and figured it would make a good topic of discussion.

People react to different colors, textures, tastes, styles all very differently. When it comes to voices, there's just a certain part of my brain that responds differently to those than others. There are a couple of people I know, that aren't famous, who have voices I could listen to for hours on end, and I won't bother naming those. When thinking about this, I found it interesting to separate the voice from the way they look, what they sing/talk about, what they may stand for, and just go with the voice only.

#10 Martina McBride
#9 Elvis
#8 Morgan Freeman
#7 Keith Whitley
#6 "Guy who talks between songs on Classic Vinyl" I don't know his name!
#5 Alan Jackson
#4 James Earl Jones
#3 Don Henley
#2 Glenn Frey
#1 Billy Idol

OK, having Billy Idol in my list is embarrassing. Having him as number 1 is even worse. However, if I can listen and not think about him or what he looks like and concentrate only on his voice, it does it for me every time.

As for #2 and #3, what can I say? How lucky am I that two of my favorite voices are in the same band? I love Eagle harmonies, but some of my favorites are when it's just the two of them. When they go back and forth in What Do I Do With My Heart, that's my own little slice of heaven. Seriously.

What does anyone else think? Feel free to pick my list apart, make your own, or give me grief about Billy Idol.