Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
It seems this kind of thing happens more and more in this country, but I don't hear about much of it from other countries. Are your gun laws much different?

I agree there is no reason that I can think of for these assault rifles to be sold to just anyone. They should only be available to our military. But is this what he used? It says he used two hand guns also. I really don't know what the answer is, but I hope they figure out something before this happens again.
The weapon used was a military assault Bushmaster AR-15 rifle. I'm not sure of the magazine capacity but probably high number of rounds per minute.
He also had with him 2 handguns, one he used to kill himself when the cops came, and another shotgun. They said he had enough fire power to murder every child in that school, which they believe was his intent until he was interrupted by the quick response of the police. All these guns were legally purchased by his mother & in her name.

This school had a very advanced security system in place, as well as a plan for if the school is under attack. Most schools in the tri-state area now have a plan in place & taught to the teachers & practiced. The school was totally locked up at the time. He entered by shooting out a window & came in that way.