Thread: 1999 VH1 Show

Out on the Border

Default 1999 VH1 Show

When the Eagles reunited in 1999, there was a show on VH1 that included background as well as excerpts of a concert. Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain a copy of that special?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: 1999 VH1 Show

Welcome ccparch57. The Eagles reunited in 1994 and there was a special concert taped for MTV. The only thing that I personally know of that is commercially available is the Hell Freezes Over DVD of this show, which includes interviews and behind the scenes footage of the taping of this event. Is it possible that this is what you have in mind?

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Yeah, in 1994 VH1 had like a whole day of shows dedicated to the Eagles to hype up the airing of Hell Freezes Over. I wish I had been a fan back then so I could've enjoyed it in full!

I don't know of anything comparable in 1999, but they did do that "Millennium concert" and there might have been some promotion of that maybe? I haven't seen anything like that myself, though.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ccparch57 View Post
    When the Eagles reunited in 1999, there was a show on VH1 that included background as well as excerpts of a concert. Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain a copy of that special?
    Sorry dont know the answer to your question but welcome to the border. Enjoy your stay with us here

Quote Originally Posted by ccparch57 View Post
    The reunion was 1994, not 1999, & I think the special was the HFO special, which I'm not sure exactly when it aired for the first time. It may have been replayed in 99, because VH1 tends to replay concerts & specials like that.
    I don't think there was any other special, unless there was one on the R&R HOF induction?? There may have been something on that, so it's possible that aired in 1999.

Out on the Border

I obviously have my dates mixed up, but I am pretty sure it was on VH1. Could be I caught part of the all-day specials. I do remember that they had clips of historical Eagles, like them warming up before a concert singing "Seven Bridges Road". At the time I taped it on an old VHS tape and was recently looking for it, but have misplaced it. So I was hoping it was something I could purchase or download.

Thanks for the welcome and the input!

Stuck on the Border

I know what you are referring to now. It was just called The Story of the Eagles. It was not released on video.

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

shoot wish it was