And now Paul has apologizes on Gene's behalf. Then, Gene's wife Shannon didn't like that Paul did that to Gene after they've been partners for 40 years. Too bad Shannon, your husband is a liability when he opens his mouth and can do more harm than good for KISS's image, which is why Paul needed to say something. It's called cover your @ss. Paul has always seemed like a stand up guy to me and I'm way more of a fan of him than Gene. He wouldn't have been dumb enough to think that way, let alone say that. That said, KISS to me lives and dies with the Alive era early music. I never cared for much of their stuff other than Alive and Destroyer and maybe Love Gun. I just am not a superfan.

As far as the whole "I speak the truth thing when everyone is PC" stuff sounds like something he'd say and also Donald Trump, who is also a buffoon. I'll take political correctness and oversensitivity in America any day over absolute narcissistic rudeness like Simmons, Trump or Nugent for that matter. They all need to vacation together on a land far, far away lol.

Perhaps a part of Gene is a down to earth guy but he sure doesn't show it by saying things like this. Addiction is a real problem affecting real people and he should show more sympathy. Same for people who don't get depression or mental illness and brush it off heartlessly. People aren't always in as much control of that stuff as some would think. It's saddening that in 2016 it still happens.