Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What song(s) absolutely should NOT be cut from setlist

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: What song(s) absolutely should NOT be cut from setlist

If they are going to do solo songs, I would be fine with dropping Dirty Laundry and All She Wants to Do Is Dance and adding Last Worthless Evening and Heart of the Matter (Don may not have performed these with the Eagles, but this is our wish list, right? Or, are we supposed to stick with which songs should not be cut? If it's which should not be cut, I'm doing this all wrong.)

I would be fine with dropping Glenn singing TITTL for Already Gone or New Kid in Town.

Keep as many TBS songs as possible, obvs.

Don't drop How Long.... I love it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    Strangely enough this was the last place I saw the LROOE 3-hour show and the first place I'll see the HOTE (hopefully) 3-hour show!
    Same here!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

To prevent anymore confusion, I'm going to delete the shorter set list I originally posted. HH's 3 hour set list is probably closer to the number of songs they'll be doing on this tour (hopefully). I also apologize for the weird way I worded my question. Basically, I'm saying take the set list in HH's post and yank anything you're willing to live without and replace it with what you'd like to hear. Maybe you even have the order you'd like to hear the songs. It IS the HOTE tour. Would you like to hear the songs in chronological order?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    To prevent anymore confusion, I'm going to delete the shorter set list I originally posted. HH's 3 hour set list is probably closer to the number of songs they'll be doing on this tour (hopefully). I also apologize for the weird way I worded my question. Basically, I'm saying take the set list in HH's post and yank anything you're willing to live without and replace it with what you'd like to hear. Maybe you even have the order you'd like to hear the songs. It IS the HOTE tour. Would you like to hear the songs in chronological order?
    I know one thing. I don't want Desperado to be the final encore. I still think that should be Take It Easy & therefore I am not that bothered whether it is in chronological order or not; especially as if it is done that way Glenn will sing fewer songs as the show goes on (unless there are more LROOE songs). Like he does now, in fact. It needs to be evened out.

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    And which songs would you drop?

I have said for years that I would drop The Long Run, In The City & the solo songs with the possible exception of BOS & RMW.

I make no apologies for wanting Tequila Sunrise, Already Gone & New Kid In Town back.

Of the LROOE songs which were previously played I want the title track & Somebody (it is missing from HH's setlist; I when I saw it they played it after LROOE), plus Waiting In The Weeds, I guess.

I want the following deep tracks; Outlaw Man, Ol '55, King Of Hollywood, Get Over It, The Girl From Yesterday ( remember I saw this done solo in March) and (from LROOE) It's Your World Now and/or You Are Not Alone, which I was very lucky to see performed in 2011.
    its tough to say but after serious consideration I would drop seven bridges road I can't tell you why peaceful easy feeling and the solo songs for one of these nights already gone victim of love good day in hell get over it too many hands tequila sunrise busy being fabulous I don't want to hear anymore and best of my love

I must have missed it somewhere along the line...why do we think they're going back to a 3 hour show?...do we know this for sure?..

Out on the Border

I wouldn't object to desperado being dropped either and would also add james dean on the border and waiting in the weeds I could go on about which songs should be added but I might not stop lol and I totally agree take it easy should be the final encore

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    I must have missed it somewhere along the line...why do we think they're going back to a 3 hour show?...do we know this for sure?..
    They've said they will be going back to it. They also said (or maybe it was just Joe) they will be doing it in chronological order so I think it will most likely be a whole different set list.

As far as what I would leave out and what I would replace it with....

Take out:

Boys Of Summer
    In The City
    No More Walks In The Wood
    No More Cloudy Days
    Long Road Out Of Eden
    Walk Away
    Life's Been Good
    Dirty Laundry
    Funk 49
    Rocky Mountain Way
    All She Wants To Do Is Dance
    Desperado

Replace them with:

Already Gone
    New Kid In Town
    Tequila Sunrise
    Victim Of Love
    Love Will Keep Us Alive
    After The Thrill Is Gone
    Wasted Time
    Those Shoes
    The Sad Cafe
    Learn To Be Still
    Get Over It
    Hole In The World

I also wouldn't mind if you want to represent LROOE (besides Waiting In The Weeds and How Long) by leaving LROOE in and taking Gulity Of A Crime and I Don't Want To Hear Anymore Out.

I know I've been an advocate for taking out all the solo works to replace with true Eagles songs but if we really feel we have to leave some in, I say 1 each, including Timothy. I would go with Boys Of Summer or All She Wants To Do Is Dance for Don, Life's Been Good or Ordinary Average Guy for Joe, You Belong To The City or Smuggler's Blues for Glenn and Parachute or Every Song Is You for Timothy.

Unfortunately, if you take away the solo stuff and Guilty Of A Crime, that leaves Joe with nothing to sing. And Timothy will only have 2 songs but they're the 2 people know of, ICTYW more so than LWKUA. I just don't know how to keep a happy balance of lead vocals for these 2 guys.

My ideas are pretty heavy on the hits with no "deep tracks" but I guess the average fan wants to hear those more than songs only the hardcore fan really knows.

Also, you notice I took Desperado out completely, I'm so over it!! I say you have to finish out with Take It Easy. It just seems so obvious to me but what do I know?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I'm still working on my list. It's harder than I thought!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I will have to get some time to work on this, but one thought here; as long as Desperado has been the closer I can't see them taking it out completely....ever. But I wish they would do it nearer the beginning (chronological order). And even though TIE should be in the beginning, I think it should be the closer! I've always thought this. They can bust the line up for one song, surely!

Back with my list later!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten