Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What song(s) absolutely should NOT be cut from setlist

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default What song(s) absolutely should NOT be cut from setlist

We have a couple threads about setlist, songs want to see come back and songs that we want added that have never been in a setlist. After the discussion in the NYC thread regarding the very obvious omission of TIE I thought let's see what everyone thinks of songs that absolutely CANNOT be cut in and Eagles setlist! We have lots of them that have been around for very long times.

Have at it!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Default Re: What song(s) absolutely should NOT be cut from setlist

Well for me the top of the list is HC and TIE. Those just cannot be dropped... I'd probably add Desperado in there too. Those are dealbreakers for me. If I heard HC and TIE were being dropped, I definitely wouldn't go.

The other songs that are undroppable IMO have already been dropped. AG, for instance. I was bummed out when I didn't hear it back in '08.

We've already said about the solo songs and we all have feelings on that but I think LBG shouldn't be dropped cuz as I've said many times, it's a classic Eagles song to me. Eagles Live version just still gives me chills. That said, it wouldn't be a dealbreaker if all the other solo songs were dropped with it, but doing other solo songs (RMW, TBOS, etc) and not LBG would be a problem for me anyway. LBG is "the" song that Joe does AFAIC. But having the harmony vocals and dueling guitars really makes it all the more special to me. That riff is still my favorite of all time and the whole lyric content really fits the band to me for some reason.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Well for me the top of the list is HC and TIE. Those just cannot be dropped...
    Like I said in the other thread, if they get to where they can only do two songs, these are the two. I feel another rant coming on, so I'll just hit 'Submit Reply' now and go eat some lunch.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I cannot even fathom a show without TIE or HC. Those two should never, ever, be dropped. I would be very disappointed.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Hotel California & Take It Easy shouldn't be dropped. I suppose most people would say Desperado but I could live without it. What I probably could not live without, given that we no longer have AG, TS or NKIT, is Lyin' Eyes. Dropping that for me would be unthinkable. And that is it, really. I could add Heartache Tonight, but I've already seen a solo show without that. I think the entire setlist needs to be looked at.

well...you can probably guess which song I'm going to say should not be cut from the setlist..."I Can't Tell You Why"...otherwise Timothy won't have anything to do all night!

but I also would hate to see "Life In The Fast Lane" taken off too...

I would hate to see my personal favorite TITTL go, and I don't think I'm the only one. It's a show-stopper!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I agree with most of the ones that have been suggested, and will add in Peaceful Easy Feeling.

Out of all Glenn's leads, I would least object to losing Lyin' Eyes, BUT that's conditional on it being replaced with another Glenn lead that hasn't been done/done for a while. Already Gone, Tequila Sunrise or NKIT are (to me) the obvious candidates there. Of course I would also gladly accept some others - WDIDWMH, James Dean and Out of Control spring to mind.
    Last edited by EaglesKiwi; 11-25-2012 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Had to add in James Dean!!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

For me, as I said in the other thread, HC & TIE should NEVER be dropped from the set list, & I agree that ICTYW should never be dropped either.
    TITTL is another song that shouldn't be dropped!

Since there are many songs that need to be ADDED to the set list, I would expect that some other songs will be dropped, & I wouldn't mind Deperado being one of them...I totally hate that every concert ends with Desperado & I guess that is one song that many have on their Do Not Drop List, but for me, I wouldn't miss it & I would LOVE a surprise ending to the show!!
    I am so tired of the same Encore every show!

Border Rebel

I may be in the minority, but I think I'd be in tears if the show didn't end in Desperado! Always been a favorite, and I've always loved that they do it last. Also, as others have said, I certainly think they should always do TIE and HC. I would add ICTYW, LBG, and LE to that list. Oh, and PEF and TLR and HT and...okay, I do have a little trouble with decision-making.

Personally, I could live without the remake of TITTL. I'd much rather see AG or TS. Also, I don't know how many songs they're currently doing from LROOE, but since I've only seen one concert on that tour, there's quite a few that I'd love to see again. Okay, I know that wasn't the question, but that's my answer, anyway!