Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Sundance Film Festival - DVD Premiere

Default Re: 2013 Sundance Film Festival - DVD Premiere

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    haha! See this link. It's an actual review of Part 1

http://www.spin.com/#blogs/history-e...medium=twitter
    So funny, VA, I just found that article on Twitter, & read it. Looks like they do get into these topics....Verrry interesting!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Another tweet from someone who saw the movie...

#eagles | The History of The Eagles was the most awesome documentary. I hope it wins a Sundance award.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

I want to know how the guitar auction is going...anyone know where you go to find it...I saw something that it's on Ebay but I can't find it on there...hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Spin
    we see previously unreleased Super 8 footage from their “third encore” afterparties with groupies
    Oh my gosh, footage of the 3E parties? No wonder the venue is Showtime....

And as for this:

Quote Originally Posted by The Star Review
    There’s nothing held back. The feuds and ego clashes that dogged the Eagles for years are shown without filters, including the B-track audio of a legendary onstage fight at a Long Beach, Calif., between Frey and former member Don Felder that escalates to serious threats. To this day, Henley can’t—or won’t—say his name.
    We finally get to hear whether Glenn or Felder was making those "three songs 'til I kick your a$$" threats because each claimed it was the other.

Only three weeks and a half weeks to wait....

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

OMG - I've been reading through this thread with sheer excitement, but also with much regret that I didn't take the risk and go out to Utah to try to get in to see this. But, I can't change that now, so I'm just gonna focus on the exciting part. I can hardly wait to see this now.

I'm sure that some of the film will be repetitive for hardcore Eagles fans since we are very familiar with their history already, but to see all the new footage and interviews is going to be awesome. I'm very glad to hear that the band choose to have the story told from an objective lens. As always, they won't please everyone, but I'm mainly hoping for a fair, objective, and honest story. Of course, three hours isn't a long time to tell all of the details of a seven-member band with a 40+ year old history, but I'm looking forward to seeing a truthful representation of their experiences.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I know what you mean about making the trip! After spending a lot of $$$ on non-transferrable VIP tickets and airfare to Vegas, with the country about to dangle off a fiscal cliff, I couldn't risk the money to go to this. That doesn't even account for being squashed in a plane full of people who have the flu! So..I live vicariously through the tweets of others.

This article says Part 1 is over two hours? So maybe more than three hours total. This is a review of the movie, it also talks about the event itself, and discusses some of the other movies there.

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column...-musical-73836
    VK

It was expensive and risky and so I didn't do it, but I majorly regret my decision now. In fact, this is pretty much the only Eagles event since I became a fan in 2005 that I am truly upset at missing (as opposed to just a bit disappointed).

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Here is an interesting quote from the article that you just posted, VA.

The Eagles' story is rife with infighting and ego and excess, and Ellwood and producer Alex Gibney don't shy away from this side of the story. But neither do they put much emphasis on it; in truth, you'd get more of a sense of the role substance abuse played by listening to the band members talk after the screening than by watching the movie.
    I guess it's always a challenge for a filmmaker to strike the right balance between glossing over some things vs. dwelling on them. As I said before, you can't please all the people all the time, but I'm just hoping for even-handedness. It doesn't seem like they wanted the entire film to be a salacious soap opera, and, speaking for myself, that's fine by me.

IMO, what exposure these guys have gotten to date has all been about the conflict and excess of drug and alcohol, so maybe they thought most people already knew about that and wanted to spend more time focusing on something else. Plus, no one in these articles has seen part 2, and the director did say that it featured Joe. Perhaps they go into some of the excesses of the past there.
    VK

Soda - I hear ya, girl! I majorly regret my decision too. But, as I said, I'm gonna try to focus on the positive and not dwell on my disappointment though. But, I have a sneaky feeling, this is one of those events that I'll look back on 5 years from now and still regret that I missed it.