Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Least Favorite Household chore?

Default Re: Least Favorite Household chore?

Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    I sort of fold it like that...sort of...this guy took way too much care and time with it in my book, but I will try it!...Is there anything you can't find on Youtube?!....thanks WW

VA I like your way of putting it all in a pillowcase...never thought to do that...genius!

I hate cleaning the bathrooms! And folding laundry. It never ends! But I don't mind folding towels. Socks are the worst. There are always a few that have lost their mates. They go into a bag and I go through it every week or two and match them up.

Good topic Zelda!

The house chore I seem to put off the most is mopping. My kitchen floor is pretty large so it seems so time consuming to me, but in reality it probably only takes me 10-15 minutes to do it (and then the bathroom floor). Also, the motion of mopping (and vaccuming) make my back ache. Last year I bought one of those steam mops and it takes a lot of pressure off of my back - I don't have to 'push' so hard. But I still tend to put it off.

I didn't watch the fitted sheet folding video yet, but from the picture it looks like it's being done the way I've done it in the past, tucking all four corners into each other and going from there. These days however, I pull a Liz and put the same sheets back on the bed after washing them.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

PM, that's what I usually do, too, put them right back on the bed.

I'm not sure it's a household chore, but for me, the thing I absolutely detest is cleaning out the skimmer baskets in the pool. Living in a wooded area, you never know what you might find in there. I usually have to do it every day because the frogs get in there and can't get back out, too much suction, and so I have lift them out. Then I'm pretty sure it's the same stupid frog that's in there the next day. I'm not overly fond of them, but they are much preferable to some other things I've found in there. Today I got the pool closed for the season, so that icky task is over until next April or May.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

As a single girl with an apartment, I do the bachelorette thing and don't clean unless absolutely necessary. When I am forced to clean, what I hate the most is scrubbing the tub. I actually got a two-bathroom apartment just so that I would have to clean the bathroom less; I just direct guests to the one I don't use and don't worry about my own.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    Good topic Zelda!
    These days however, I pull a Liz and put the same sheets back on the bed after washing them.
    Thank goodness I am not alone!! LOL It didn't take me long into my marriage, years and years ago, to learn that little trick! I saw someone mention folding towels, now that I like to do! Tri-fold...

My mind is Tiffany twisted

I roll my fitted sheets to approx the same size as the flat sheets. I watched the video and the guy did a great job - but then I wouldn't be able to identify that as a fitted sheet when I needed one in a hurry because the cat has thrown up in my daughter's bed... so what's the point?

I don't absolutely hate any one chore, but what really gets me is the sheer repetitiveness and that it's never all FINISHED. Since Rob and I both work full time (& we haven't raised our teenage son right!) we seem to spend half the weekend doing housework and then we're too tired to enjoy anything else... and then the kids mess the place up again!

Rob is pretty good at helping out though.

If I do get a wee bit of time up my sleeve - say if hubby has taken the kids down to his parents - then I can chill out while doing housework and find it kind of fulfilling to be doing stuff for my family.

Oh, and I can't remember what dusting is!
    ---------------------------------
    Suzanne

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I kinda of sorta try to fold the fitted sheet. Once in a while, hubby will help me and we will stand and bring it together with the corners folded in. It somewhat works! lol

VA, I like your idea about putting them in a pillow case too! Makes sense.

I do hate mopping floors too. I don't have a mop and get down on hands and knees with bucket and rag. My mother-n-laws only way to do it and feel it's clean!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I do hate mopping floors too. I don't have a mop and get down on hands and knees with bucket and rag. My mother-n-laws only way to do it and feel it's clean!
    You don't use a mop?! Girl, you are a masochist! lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

today and right now I hateit all. first...i couldnt find the broom cause someone else used it ...now I cant find the vacume....I quit