Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Least Favorite Household chore?

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Default Re: Least Favorite Household chore?

Mostly I hate cleaning bathrooms! I don't mind the dusting although it makes me feel like I have the flu by the time I'm through with it! Same with ironing. I iron in front of the TV often with Farewell 1 on, so I'm quite happy ironing away for a few hours if I need to! Hate hanging up the ironed clothes though. That's where Laura comes in!

However I'm lucky that I dont need to do much housework now as I have an au pair who does a fair bit of the laundry, ironing vacuuming and general cleaning (and she keeps asking for more to do!)

I do all the cooking though! I like to be in control of the food!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'll go with dusting too! I just hate it! It makes me wish I didn't have anything sitting around.

And I agree about folding the fitted sheets. Ridiculously impossible!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I don't mind laundry. I don't iron until I'm ready to wear that item, so that doesn't seem tedious. My 'everyday' clothes that I wear around the house or town to shop are just easy stuff to manage.

For the very reason that Brooke mentioned ( having things sitting around ), I don't have things sitting around so that dusting is a breeze. I hate clutter.

Cooking is NOT work to me! I could spend all day cooking. Sometimes, I do. Not fond of dishwashing, but we have a dishwasher, but I don't put everything in there, some stuff is done by hand. I can't stand dirty dishes laying around though (had a roommate that did that, drove me insane). Oddly enough, I'm really not a anal or a clean freak.

Vacuuming seems pretty easy for the most part.

I guess cleaning bathrooms would be the thing I hate most!!

Oh, I never have a problem with fitted sheet folding. I fold them inside out. Obviously they will never be as sharp looking as the top sheet.

My mind is Tiffany twisted

I guess washing up is my least favourite task! I don't mind ironing or hoovering at all.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I don't iron until I'm ready to wear it either, so I don't mind it. My laundry room has a clothes rack where I hang what needs hanging out of the dryer and a shelf for folded items waiting to be put away.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border

You can't fold fitted sheets so why try? I just 'sort of' fold them & put them away. The only things I fold are underwear & towels. Socks are rolled up into pairs. Everything else will be ironed so I put it in the washing basked until the next day when I iron it.

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

My stepmother can fold a fitted sheet flat as a pancake. It's like watching magic, I can't figure out how she does it. I'm with you, I sort of fold them and put the whole set in one of the pillow cases, so I can grab out of the closet and I have it all. And it hides the fact that the fitted sheet is 'sort of' folded.

My least favorite chore is always the one I'm doing at that particular moment.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Haha. Awesome.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHTyH2nuFAw[/ame]

I hate folding clothes in general and have taken to hanging up things like tshirts and sweat pants, just to avoid having to fold and put in drawers! I can't even fathom folding underwear... I guess I'm a bit lazy! I do pair up the socks though.. that's about the extent of any extra work that I do as far as laundry is concerned.

I avoid the whole folding sheets thing by putting the same set back on the bed after washing. Then toss them out when they get worn out from all that washing. lol

Maybe this is why I am single???

My mind is Tiffany twisted

Stuck on the Border

I fold my underwear & my daughter's underwear but not my husband's because he prefers to have each pair laid on top of each other.

Years ago my mother used to IRON sheets, towels, socks & underwear. I don't think even she does that these days.