Page 71 of 303 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121171 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by Peekaboo View Post
    You're not alone in this EV. I'm gonna step up here and admit that i never knew what it meant till Soda just posted the meaning . I've always kinda had an idea of what it stood for but felt a little embarrassed to ask. I don't know why i didn't ever just ask what it meant.
    Oh, I've learned not to be embarrassed about anything, because I figure there's got to be some things each one of us knows that no one else does, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    well *g* is a little grin and *G* is a big grin and *WEG* is a wicked evil grin and *BAG* is big a**ed grin (which is kinna funny, but these we used a long time ago on another chat site.. so I still use em a lot *G*)

and ...
    Freckle Counting ~ Admiring, categorizing and comparing the physical attributes of Eagles and Eaglesque* individuals.

Freckle Counters ~ A Borderer who counts freckles on a regular basis (see definition above)

Eaglesque* ~ Having the desirable attributes of an Eagle.
    Given that Freckle Counters make up the larger subset of The Border population, might we also be called known as The Sisterhood of the Traveling 'Band' ? (I'm hoping that this cultural reference is not lost on those of you who don't have/know preteens and teens...if so, let me know!)

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Okay EV - I'll raise my hand - I'm lost about your reference.

And as far as asking about things here, I hope no one would be embarrassed. I know it is normal for some people to be reluctant to ask about things, but it is not unusual for new people to have questions about things. After all, we were all new once and had to learn. I've been around awhile, and I know what's happening (more Eaglese), but, trust me, I'm still learning things. After all, that's part of why we're here in the first place - so, please don't be shy anyone - speak up and ask whatever you like. Y'all know the old saying - if you have a question about something, then chances are others do too.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

There's an extremely popular book series (at least 4 volumes by now, I think) for girls of that age, where the first is called The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I haven't read it since I have boys, but it's so popular that I've heard a lot about it. I think the 1st volume is about 4 teen-aged girl friends who spend a summer apart. To help them "weather" this, they share a pair of jeans--- each girl taking them for a period of time that summer, and then writing about the adventures she has wearing those jeans. Then she mails them off to the next friend, who does the same...hence, the 'traveling pants'. There was a movie of the same name a couple of years back starring America Ferraro ("Ugly Betty" fame) as one of the girls. The books in the series all use the words 'traveling pants' in the title, and thus far I think the girls are starting college in the latest volume. I'm thinkin' they're not in the very same pair of jeans, and that the adventures may be a lot dicier!

Dreamer, your niece Eaglette may be of the age where the first volume is right up her alley, depending on her reading level. Look it up at the bookstore, but double check with the clerk that I am correct on the age-appropriateness of the subject matter...if you get my drift. I'm pretty sure I am.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Some more Eaglese

My poor innocent hubby hasn't a clue what I really mean when I suggest having a FR(E)Y for breakfast.........(Now that is something I would LOVE to do!!)

Not to mention after a night on the internet when my brain is FREYED!!

I guess you all know MY favourite weekday........ FREYDAY!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

So with my reference in my post about The Eagles and us Freckle Counters, it follows that I must be suggesting the following:

We all pick an Eagle, use him for a period of time to have some adventures that we can write about, and then send him along to another Borderer for her to do the same. Sounds like a great way to promote better literacy in our circle, don't you think? A new twist on the neighborhood book club! And with there being 4 Eagles (6 if you want to add Steuart and Will to the mix, which would be fine with me), we could make this last far longer than just one season--by the time we send each of them around to each of us! And they thought their World Tour was exhausting!

(I have to admit that when I added the one sentence about The Sisterhood of the Traveling Band to Ticky's post, I had no idea that I would be taking it to this complete plan...but I am sooo glad that Dreamer asked for an explanation!)

GAN, I never thought about FREYDAY...good one!

Ok guys, gals, borderers (right hand raised) I vow to never be embarrassed to ask a question. I trust that my fellow Borderers will be there to answer any question that i may have without judgement.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    lol! Some more:

HS&G: Acronym standing for "Hot, Sexy, and Gorgeous." Used to describe an aesthetically pleasing photograph of a member or members of the Eagles.

PEW: Acronym standing for "Post-Eagles Withdrawl." Used to describe the feeling of depression after experiencing an awesome Eagles show. Involves daydreaming about said show with wistful sighs, attempting to re-live it through albums and DVDs, continuing to talk about how great it was long after the non-hardcores have ceased to care. Can substite single Eagle's name for the feeling post-solo shows: ie. PDW: "Post-Don Withdrawl," PGW: "Post-Glenn Withdrawl," etc.

Sugar: Endearment for Glenn. (I started calling him that a while ago - although I use it sparingly - but it caught on! No one has really come up with an endearment for the other guys that has stuck. Folks are welcome to get workin' on that! lol)

I don't use 'Sugar'. I know some people like it, but it never appealed to me.

The term 'Glenn's Angels' was used by the lucky people who met him at Pebble Beach.

I have my own 'private' quotations and sayings that sometimes appear in my signatures - a perfect example appears below.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    And they thought their World Tour was exhausting!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.