Page 65 of 303 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

One of the clues on Pyramid was The Cheat is On

A couples of weeks ago, when my dad was still home, I took them out for lunch, and we passed one of the delivery vans from my local supermarket (20 miles away), numberplate ending GFO. I was so thrilled I waved at the driver - he must have thought I was barking mad! And when we arrived at the pub guess what was playing? The Heat Is On!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Border Desperado

I don't know why, but every time I turn on to Eagle Road in Wayne, PA, I get the urge to put an Eagles cd in the player. Go figure.

I was having a kind of lousy day today - first only finding crummy seats on Ticketmaster, then almost losing my blue tooth device for my phone (found it in some snow and ice), then running to the pharmacy and back, barely having time to stop by and get some food before I had to run back for an editing appointment....

And then, when I walked in the sandwich shop, I heard the opening strains of "Take It Easy" and broke into a smile, especially when a couple of those cute young sandwich makers started singing along as they worked. My spirits lifted right away and I thought, "THIS is why I love the Eagles."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I know what you mean Soda! I'm glad you found your bluetooth thingy!

Today I took a check from a customer that had Eagle Arms on the first line of their address. I guess they have a business with this name. You can guess what I was thinking!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Cool Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

I remember you mentioning that book in chat a few weeks ago Troub. I haven't managed to find it though.

TBF, I'd say that heat was definitely on in your office!! I've given up saying that the heat is on a home. They ALL strike up with the song.

GEF that was sweet. I love looking at numberplates, and if I can make them Eagles related all the better!! That was certainly a nice coincidence.

PaB! I hope you 'did Something'

Soda! I'm delighted you found your Blue Tooth and managed to get your meds and food. Isn't it just amazing how our boys appeal to so many people, both young and old!

Now girls. As some of you know I was away in Budapest for a long weekend. I didn't expect to see anything Eagles related. When we got to the hotel I opened the courtesy magazine. The following add for (very expensive as I later realised) jewellry stared out at me.

I'll leave you to your own thoughts
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I don't know how many of you other than Ticky have children, nieces, or nephews, in the 5- to 10-yr-old range or so...but if you do, you may be familiar with an extremely popular plush toy collection over the last few years called Webkinz. The key feature of these animals is that once the pet is "adopted", the child gets a special code # (unique to that individual pet) that allows it to be registered on the Webkinz website. In so doing, the child can register the pet's name and birthdate; can buy it a house furnish it; can feed it funky foods and clothe it in fun clothes; and can even get it a job to earn money to buy more fun things in Webkinz World. They can even arrange playdates with their friend's Webkinz, visible on both computers. Kids collect dozens of them! What a marketing genius!!

Anyway, the company rolls out new species of animals every few months, so now it seems there must be a hundred different types of Webkinz, each cuter than the next. My son Graham was looking at the website tonight, and read off the new ones released recently. Suddenly, he said, "Eagle," and he caught my attention. Here is the Christmas present for all the Border members who are hunting frantically for a book about Al's Eagles
    Garage in vain!

Here is what the Webkinz site has to say about the Eagle: "Eagles are known for their bravery, strength, and bold attitude. Eagles are leaders and they like to help their friends. If you want a pet that will never let you down, be sure to adopt the enigmatic Eagle!"

The special food recommended for the Eagle is Flying Fish Fricasee. The special item that can be purchased for the Eagle is the Majestic Soaring Sofa (sounds like fun, huh?)
    Last edited by eaglesvet; 12-17-2008 at 10:13 AM.

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Can I have the Majestic Soaring Sofa with the Eagle of my choice?

Exactly what I was thinking!! When purchasing, you can choose any Eagle, and name him what you like!! So, go for it! Has your daughter gotten into these yet? She may be a hair too young, but not for long! They are pretty neat; and whoever came up with the concept was brillliant!

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Not yet, she's a little rough on her toys. She is getting a Hannah Montana play guitar this year!! OH and btw!! for anyone who has a Big Lots near them, they have VERY VERY nice Gibson Maestro junior guitars for $65.00!! I got one for my cousin to give her daughter. It was BEAUTIFUL! chrome tuners and all teak with mother of pearl inlay. AND Steel strings. It was gorgeous (I played with it before I handed it over *G*) If they have them there in a year or two I'll get one for Sarah. Right now, she'd distroy it *G*

They Also have the Gibson Flying V electric Junior that includes an amp! seriously cool!! (also $65.00)