Page 63 of 303 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Sure Louise, you can stay with me

Hahaha amazing, Never heard of Despereaux
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

I wasn't actually sure of where to put this as it was a direct conversation about the Eagles but I guess i'll put it here anyway....some of you know that i work as a blackjack dealer, well last week i got to a table with an older gentleman. He was really nice and friendly. He was looking at my i.d. badge trying to figure out my name. I told him that my name is Jessica and he replied with "like the Allman Brothers song." "That's right" I said. I told him I liked that song but i'm much more of a fan of the Eagles. From that moment on it was all Eagles talk for the 20 minutes that I was dealing at that table. He was even tipping me every time that he won. He said that he hasn't heard the new album yet and I strongly recommended that he check it out. After I told him a little bit about the new songs he said that he was definitely going to buy the new album. I wish I could have customers like this guy at every table.

Especially if they tip all time!

Today we were out Xmas shopping at a mall near where I grew up in Jersey, where I don't usually drive to anymore. For the first time, I noticed a exit sign for Two Bridges Road---it obviously has been there all along, it's just that I never realized that it was a little thing that was supposed to remind me of the Eagles till I joined the Border!!

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    Especially if they tip all time!
    That would be great!! I made some good money off of that guy.

Great story, Jess!

I went on about this last night in chat, but I've got to mention it here too... I was shopping yesterday for Christmas presents for my baby cousins, and I came across a children's book named Al's Garage (or something similar.) Anyway, I flicked to the second page and there was a fold-out garage named "Eagles Garage." Naturally, I grinned. THEN, I saw that one of the petrol pumps was labelled "Frey". The next was "Henley" and the third pump was "Walsh". I couldn't believe it! I completely freaked out in the middle of the shop.

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

I was sitting in AP History the other day and we were watching something the History Channel had made about somebody from early-america (i don't remember who i was half asleep) and all of a sudden Desperado. Almost everyone in my class turned around and looked at me. Then we all started singing and laughing. (the first cuple of lines were all that was played however we finished the song on our own)
    Any kind of love without passion
    That ain't no kind of lovin' at all

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I went to Wal Mart and found some blouses on sell for $5.00 so I couldn't pass them up, when I looked at the bill the blouses rang up as "Rib Henley". I checked and sure enough on the tag that was the type of blouse. I had never noticed it before.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Girl_Of_Summer View Post
    I was sitting in AP History the other day and we were watching something the History Channel had made about somebody from early-america (i don't remember who i was half asleep) and all of a sudden Desperado. Almost everyone in my class turned around and looked at me. Then we all started singing and laughing. (the first cuple of lines were all that was played however we finished the song on our own)
    Lol. The same thing happens to me at work. Everyone at work automatically looks at me to make sure that I hear it when the Eagles are on. I just look at them and smile. Of course I hear it. I hear it from the moment the song starts.

It seems like i've been having a lot of Eagles related moments at work lately. I was killing on one particular table tonight and when the table finally won a hand the customer to my left looked at me and said "Finally, I'm Livin' Right." I'm sure I had this big dorky smile on my face because all i could think of was Glenn being goofy in the Livin' Right video.

My mom bought a shirt for me with 'Henley' on it, it's a brand, so Don be my brand!

And today at school, a friend of me walked in and said: "You never know who I saw at the bus station!" And actually I could have to know what she wanted to say but I said sleepy "No, who?" And she yelled through the classroom: "DON HENLEY!" and the whole class looked and me and the teacher said: "He's going to pick you up after school Danielle". I turned out red!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..