Page 47 of 303 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I have The Eagles as my screensaver and my background is changed from one Timmy picture to another about once a week. Is that wrong? My husband hasn't ever said anything about it. We also have a shelf (hubby said he will add another one for me soon) that is a display/shrine to rock and roll with books, programs, guitar picks, photos, etc... on it in the bedroom. The Eagles are more prevalent than the others on it. It's all done rather tastefully I think.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I only have one Eagles thing on the wall - one of those framed records with a picture that they sell at Past & Presents. When I get a bigger place though... watch out!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I have my lithograph from London framed and on the kitchen wall. We were filling a skip recently and hubby pretended to remove it while we were sorting the rubbish
    Of course I wear my Eagles and Glenn t-shirts and my Eagles fleece whenever possible. I always have an Eagles or Glenn wallpaper on the laptop and the mobile phone. At the moment its Soda's first one from Minnesota! And my screensaver is my London pics!
    And I have a few other precious more personal items in my handbag, and in my guitar case
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

I change my wallpaper and account photo every week just as I change my avatar and signature. My wallpaper this week is a nice one from DHO of Don in the HITW video. I love all the wallpapers of Glenn at GFO and if possible, it would be nice if Soda or Maleah could make a couple of new ones. If I could do them myself, I would, believe me, but I don't have the skills.

I have the Randy Tuten 'barn' photo framed and the 1979 Rolling Stone cover framed. I have two calendars, one with 12 photos per page and another which is GFO wallpaper, one per month. I have a framed photo of Glenn which was taken in Glasgow and I have photos which I rotate every fortnight, one on my dressing table, one in a magnetic photo holder on the fridge. I also have magnets and postcards. I have a postcard of the band on the fridge for Don's birthday week as well as Texas themed magnets (two of which Soda sent me, a Texas map and a cowboy boot).

i have an Eales poster and a don henley poster and a framed copy of hotel california on my wall

oh and the other day my friend sent me a video that he and her boy friend made to "Take It Easy" as s final last year it eas pretty good
    Any kind of love without passion
    That ain't no kind of lovin' at all

I have one of PLS's Pebble Beach pictures as my wallpaper at the moment. I have two log ins on my laptop, so when SO is home I switch users and have a pic from our recent holiday showing!
    I'm going to start a new thread where we can show our memorabilia, as GA suggested.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    I change my wallpaper and account photo every week just as I change my avatar and signature. My wallpaper this week is a nice one from DHO of Don in the HITW video. I love all the wallpapers of Glenn at GFO and if possible, it would be nice if Soda or Maleah could make a couple of new ones. If I could do them myself, I would, believe me, but I don't have the skills.

I have the Randy Tuten 'barn' photo framed and the 1979 Rolling Stone cover framed. I have two calendars, one with 12 photos per page and another which is GFO wallpaper, one per month. I have a framed photo of Glenn which was taken in Glasgow and I have photos which I rotate every fortnight, one on my dressing table, one in a magnetic photo holder on the fridge. I also have magnets and postcards. I have a postcard of the band on the fridge for Don's birthday week as well as Texas themed magnets (two of which Soda sent me, a Texas map and a cowboy boot).

I nominate Fp for 1st place! Excellent!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower

Tell you what.......if there are particular photos you'd like to see in wallpaper or sig/banner.......send 'em to me and I'll see what I can do! The larger pics do work best for wallpapers so they don't get so pixelated/blurry when I try to enlarge them.

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

This is the weekend in our little town they call "Hometown Days", a festival, parade etc. Yesterday went to the flea market with my husband and niece and found a booth that had boxes of albums. When my husband saw them he handed me some cash and told my niece "lets go because she will be here for awhile". I literally sat down on the ground in front of the boxes and started going thru them but only found 1 Eagles album, One of These Nights. Even tho I have it I went ahead and bought it for $2.00, I couldn't just leave it there, right? I did find some other pretty good stuff also tho and sat on the back patio last night with some friends and enjoyed listening to them. Our friend Chris played DJ last night with the stereo and played 3 Eagles albums all together in honor of my upcoming sojourn to Chicago for the concert. So used to hearing them on cd or Ipod, it's really kinda cool to hear the albums with all the scratches and crackles you get, and believe me, you get lots of that with some of my very used albums.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

How fun! It's always a treat to find Eagles stuff, even if there was only one album. Your husband is so funny.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten