Page 41 of 303 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles (5/07 - 10/15)

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Nice one GEF! I saw it before I read your line to check out the reg! I'm sure you felt very safe travelling in that plane! Like there was a guardian Angel on it!!

Interesting book RKN!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Default Eagles reference

The "talk on the streets" comment was in a book by Alex Hailey called Detective.
    The other mention came from a book called Almost Midnight by Michael W. Cuneo that is a true crime book. The murderer, Darrell Mease is described as "...drinking whiskey, listening to the Eagles and Creedence Clearwater Revival on a transistor radio."
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Nice GEF! Great start of your Holiday indeed!

I never heard about that book, I'll search it it!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Default Eagles mentions

OOOPS! The author of Detective is Arthur Hailey, not Alex. I just love it when I see an Eagles reference when I'm reading.
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Indeed!

In my English Text Book this year were the Eagles also named in a story, that was really cool to read!

Gosh MH! We never had English texts books like that when I was a student!!

I have been having a rather tedious 3 weeks marking our State exams. There is one question where there is a table of charges for a fun park and the candidates had to work out different price combinations. The first question on it was

'How much does it cost for one adult to spend a day in Funworld on....... 20th MARCH?

Well every time I read that line it reminds me that myself, MF, GEF and my daughter TT were definitely NOT in Funworld that day!

We were having a world of fun elsewhere!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter

I have been having a rather tedious 3 weeks marking our State exams. There is one question where there is a table of charges for a fun park and the candidates had to work out different price combinations. The first question on it was

'How much does it cost for one adult to spend a day in Funworld on....... 20th MARCH?

Well every time I read that line it reminds me that myself, MF, GEF and my daughter TT were definitely NOT in Funworld that day!

Haha! Indeed!

In my Final exams of High School there was a story about something what happend on April 3rd and that every student should know about that because they all where there, I was thinking when I read te story "I wasn't there with Stephanie at that day..We were enjoying of Don and Glenn".

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Well. our holiday got off to a good start when I saw the aeroplane next to us at the airport.

I take it none of your devoted family saw you take that pic GEF . Amazing what you can accomplish on a trip to the ladies!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Henley
    Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter

Haha! Indeed!

In my Final exams of High School there was a story about something what happend on April 3rd and that every student should know about that because they all where there, I was thinking when I read te story "I wasn't there with Stephanie at that day..We were enjoying of Don and Glenn".
    Much better way to pass the time MH!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Woo hoo hoo, GEF! I like that plane registration! The only thing missing from it is the word "in". You know, G_FINBED.

Becky, it's ALWAYS cool when you're reading a book and come across a reference to your favourite stars! I was obsessive enough to look Elvis Presley and The Beatles up in a dictionary I used to have, and I found them!! More recently, I looked up the Eagles, or the individual members (well, actually I just looked up Glenn Frey ), but no luck there, unfortunately.

Mrs Henley, you sure have a cool text book. Text books weren't that exciting when I was at school. I do remember a reference to a song by The Beatles, "When I'm Sixty-Four" (it featured some of its lyrics), in one of my English text books.

GA, we certainly had the time of our lives on 20 March!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down